I'm new at this, and this is my first ant catch, so I hope y'all can help me make a positive ID. I'd like to know if I snagged a queen (I think I did?), and from some Googling I'm pretty sure it's Camponotus, but I'm not sure which kind.
1. Location of collection: McDonald, Ohio (in NE part of the state), found on porch.
2. Date of collection: 5/18/2017, around 1am
3. Habitat of collection: Yard has grass and small wooded areas.
4. Length (from head to gaster): 17 mm
5. Color, hue, pattern and texture: Shiny black, with gold hairs and shiny gold stripes on gaster in the light.
6. Distinguishing characteristics: BIG. (Sorry, new and not very good at this. See pics)
7. Distinguishing behavior: Very gentle. Held her in my hand with no biting before I managed to get her into a collection container. Didn't like test tube at first, chewed at cotton. Settled down quickly in the dark though.
8. Nest description: N/A, was found wandering alone on wooden porch.
Pictures were taken under a natural light lamp with magnifier to try and help since my phone camera is pretty bad. Hope they're good enough.