• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Hello from New Jersey!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Evanthomas89 - Posted May 18 2017 - 5:52 AM

Evanthomas89

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationHowell, NJ

Hey Everybody! 

My name is Evan and I'm brand new to the Ant Community. I'll be browsing the boards the next few weeks trying to learn as much as I can about collecting, keeping, buying and raising queens to hopefully have my own colony to care for soon. I currently have a collection of tarantulas, four leopard geckos, a bearded dragon, a king snake, a colony of Dubia roaches, five cats and a dog.

I'm excited to get to know you all and learn as much as I can about these fascinating little creatures. :) 

Check out my Youtube

#2 Offline Alabama Anter - Posted May 18 2017 - 6:28 AM

Alabama Anter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationBoulder, Colorado

Welcome from the deep south.

• Evanthomas89 likes this

YJK

#3 Offline ctantkeeper - Posted May 18 2017 - 6:36 AM

ctantkeeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  • LocationCT

Hello :). It's wonderful to meet you. I think you will learn a lot by simply browsing the forums. I would definitely check out "colony journals" created by other members. They serve as an interesting and unique way of learning about different ant species, their care, their growth rates as well as other ant keepers and their experience with those particular species. The people here are pretty receptive and are often more than happy to answer any questions you might have. Anyways, good luck!

#4 Offline Evanthomas89 - Posted May 18 2017 - 6:37 AM

Evanthomas89

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationHowell, NJ

Welcome from the deep south.

Thank you! Cool collection you have. I may end up with a Crematogaster sp. as my first colony but not sure yet if I'll find a queen or buy on from a local vendor. 

Check out my Youtube

#5 Offline Evanthomas89 - Posted May 18 2017 - 6:39 AM

Evanthomas89

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationHowell, NJ

Hello :). It's wonderful to meet you. I think you will learn a lot by simply browsing the forums. I would definitely check out "colony journals" created by other members. They serve as an interesting and unique way of learning about different ant species, their care, their growth rates as well as other ant keepers and their experience with those particular species. The people here are pretty receptive and are often more than happy to answer any questions you might have. Anyways, good luck!

Thank you! I'll head over there now :P 

Check out my Youtube

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users