• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Tennessee Queens...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Offline xTNxANTMANx - Posted May 14 2017 - 11:59 PM

xTNxANTMANx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationWest TN
I personally have a few colonies and queens but I am looking to get a Solenopsis invicta queen also. That and a Camponotus castaneus. But if anyone has any queens in TN, feel free to let me know. I am hoping I haven't missed either of their nuptial flights.
Keeping:
Camponotus subbarbatus
Camponotus pennsylvanicusx3 (founding)
Dorymyrmex bureni
Formica pallidefulva x3
Formica subsericea x4
Tetramorium immigrans

Have kept many other ant species but now keep over 100 tarantulas and other inverts! Mantids, centipedes, and scorpions to name a few 😁

#2 Offline i2chip - Posted May 21 2017 - 5:03 AM

i2chip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Those are the two colonies I have, and you haven't missed their flights. C castaneus are flying at night at about this time of year after a good rain (a blacklight would help you catch one). And as for S. invicta they are still flying now, but they're everywhere, keep looking and you'll come across a fire ant queen eventually.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users