• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Ant reactions VS Study of the ants themselves

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Alza - Posted September 24 2014 - 3:31 PM

Alza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • LocationThe Village

Identifying species,  Caring for (fertile) queens, and Diet of ants is all new to me. I know for a fact i know more about how southern ants react to things then you. Since i was five I've done ant reaction testing. i would take 50 samples of ants and see how they react to the same substance or whatever i used. I don't judge you guys for not knowing the reactions that most ants do, so don't judge me for asking questions about taking care of queens.

-Dorymyrmex insanus

-Pogonomyrmex barbatus

-Pogonomyrmex subnitidus

-Pogonomyrmex SP

-Liometopum luctuosm 

-linepithema humile

-Solenopsis Xyloni

-Solenopsis Molesta

-Formica Moki

-Solenopsis invicta 

that's a list of the species I've tested SO FAR. When i was five i had a great interests in all insects, but ants seem to be the main study for now

not calling anyone out or anything. just something i want you guys to remember. 

#2 Offline Gregory2455 - Posted September 24 2014 - 3:45 PM

Gregory2455

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,286 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Alza it bugs me how you think you are so smart. Learn some humility.

• caswal likes this

#3 Offline dspdrew - Posted September 24 2014 - 4:37 PM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

...not calling anyone out or anything. just something i want you guys to remember. 

I know we will definitely remember how humble you are.

#4 Offline Alza - Posted September 24 2014 - 5:01 PM

Alza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • LocationThe Village

Gregory, it bugs me to see that you believe I'm stupid. Once again I'm way smarter then you when it comes to ant reactions. It also bugs me that you think you are superior to me.

#5 Offline Gregory2455 - Posted September 24 2014 - 5:13 PM

Gregory2455

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,286 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

I do not think I am superior, or that you are stupid, I think you should stop thinking you are so smart though. This is a hobby, and you know nothing compared to someone like James C. Trager, or Gordon Snelling, or even Andrew Smith. I am just asking you to acknowledge that and be a little more humble instead of thinking you are the smartest.

#6 Offline dermy - Posted September 24 2014 - 5:22 PM

dermy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts
  • LocationCanada

I hate to say it but you don't know everything, until I see a Degree for Myrmecology, then I will believe you know a lot, till then you don't know everything about ants, not even half of what some others know, such as those named above.

Edited by dermy, October 21 2014 - 11:21 AM.

#7 Offline Alza - Posted September 24 2014 - 5:24 PM

Alza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • LocationThe Village

i don't believe i compared myself to James C  Trager or Gordon Snelling. Ever. and dermy, unless you come to LA you won't be seeing a degree. 

#8 Offline Gregory2455 - Posted September 24 2014 - 5:47 PM

Gregory2455

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,286 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

You do not have one, if you don't quit saying that, then I will just say your real age. It is getting annoying.

#9 Offline Alza - Posted September 24 2014 - 5:54 PM

Alza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • LocationThe Village

13. and I'm saying if he doesent come to LA he will never see me achieve it. thought you were smart enough to infer that 

#10 Offline Alza - Posted September 24 2014 - 6:00 PM

Alza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • LocationThe Village

And to all you saying that i think I'm the smartest, I'm telling you that I have more experience with ant reactions. don't start an argument over it, unless you want me to retaliate. Btw done being nice to any comments that are posted here that are calling me out. You call me out and its war.

#11 Offline dspdrew - Posted September 24 2014 - 6:10 PM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

Well we don't need wars here Alza. What exactly is the point of this thread, because I'm really thinking of deleting it?

#12 Offline Alza - Posted September 24 2014 - 6:13 PM

Alza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • LocationThe Village

its off topic for a reason. I'm stating that i specialize in different things, because people are calling me out for being new to queen ants.

#13 Offline dspdrew - Posted September 24 2014 - 6:26 PM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

I don't think anybody's "calling you out". This seems unnecessary, and just looks like you are trying to start a fight.

#14 Offline Alza - Posted September 24 2014 - 6:40 PM

Alza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • LocationThe Village

then delete it if you must 

#15 Offline Mathiacus - Posted September 24 2014 - 9:30 PM

Mathiacus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • LocationNSW, Australia
Uh. I think I missed a bunch of stuff. . There goes my night, I have a lot of reading to do.

#16 Offline Gregory2455 - Posted September 27 2014 - 12:18 AM

Gregory2455

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,286 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Also, a correct way to say this would have been "The Study of Ant Physiology in their Response to Varied Stimuli. <- (Plural for stimulus apparently.) :P <-- Totally did not come up with that right now!  :sarcastic:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users