• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

EXPANDING Ant Formicarium

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Offline brian - Posted April 20 2017 - 7:43 PM

brian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationNorth West Indiana
So I really like this guy's formicarium but wanted something larger so that I wouldn't have to keep expanding my nest or buying larger ones. But I also did not want one so large that ants would start storing garbage in it. I asked him to section it into three parts so that it can be expanded slowly as the colony grows And this is what we came up with. I make no money off of this at all and It's probably nothing new but it's the first time I've seen anything like it and I really liked the concept of it and wanted to share with you in case it was something you would also be interested in. Remember I'm new to all of this so if you have harsh comments try and go easy and remember there was a time when you were as new to this as I am.

Here is a link to the page it's being sold on

http://www.ebay.com/...=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

#2 Offline Serafine - Posted April 21 2017 - 1:45 AM

Serafine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,782 posts
  • LocationGermany
Cool idea, looks like modular designs are becoming more common.
  • Martialis and brian like this

We should respect all forms of consciousness. The body is just a vessel, a mere hull.

Welcome to Lazy Tube - My Camponotus Journal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users