• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Ahoy-hoy! (Australia)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Licespray - Posted April 9 2017 - 12:24 AM

Licespray

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationQueensland, Australia

Heya Fellas!

Troy here, I live in SE Queensland, Australia.

Glad i saw this group in a youtube channel as i tried joining another forum and after 48 hours of waiting to get account activated then i saw the video with this forum and straight away joined! Hoozah!

Ok! So I'm sorta topsy turvy here. Made a formicarium (but i am sure it needs change to be "correct") and looking to get a test tube of ants from the GAN project as there are 2 guys within the range distance to go with. Will be first time keeping ants. Excited, nervous, but luckily they're not expensive. Still don't wanna get it wrong though! 

Thanks!

Also i see you have a chat room, hoozah! This forum seems to use the same host thingy as The Fossil Forum, so that should be handy to navigate! Super excited!

Cheers,

Troy!

#2 Offline thosaka - Posted April 9 2017 - 2:24 AM

thosaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
Ahoy! You must have some nice honeypot ants over there in Australia. Welcome to the forum!

#3 Offline Martialis - Posted April 9 2017 - 8:08 AM

Martialis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Apparently, Camponotus inflatus cannot be collected by any person not belonging to Australia's indigenous population.

Welcome to the forum, Licespray!

• Licespray likes this
Spoiler

#4 Offline T.C. - Posted April 9 2017 - 9:10 AM

T.C.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts
Welcome to the forum. Them forums you have to wait to be activated aren't very fun. And yes, both the fossil forum you speak of and this forum both use software by invision power. Invision and XenForo are my two favorites.
“If I am killed for simply living, let death be kinder than man.” -Althea Davis

#5 Offline Licespray - Posted April 9 2017 - 12:24 PM

Licespray

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationQueensland, Australia
Interesting you can't collect them unless an Aboriginal, didn't know that! Mind you, I don't know if they're in this state. Google time!

#6 Offline Works4TheGood - Posted April 9 2017 - 2:17 PM

Works4TheGood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • LocationState College, PA

I bet you have awesome ants there!  I frequently tell my wife, who was born in El Salvador, that she messed up by not collecting the incredible ants they have there while she could. E.g., Zompopos ()

~Dan

#7 Offline Alabama Anter - Posted April 9 2017 - 2:46 PM

Alabama Anter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationBoulder, Colorado

Welcome from the deep south!

YJK

#8 Offline OmniusClone - Posted April 11 2017 - 4:53 PM

OmniusClone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationLindsay, CA
Ahoy-hoy! Welcome from California! :)
Gotta love the Jack Jumpers you've got down there.
Good luck on your ventures man. :) Cheers!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users