• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

cataglyphis nuptial flights in southern europe ?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Offline NikolaBale - Posted April 8 2017 - 5:40 AM

NikolaBale

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
I live in Montenegro a country in the balkans southern europe. I'm new to ants or at least keeping them and I'm quite intrersted in cataglyphis i think they are amazing ants verry fast verry dominant ants. I have seen them in the summer but back then i wasn't rly aware of this hobby or rly never thought about keeping them untill now. If anybody knows when of at lest somewhat of info on their nuptial flight it will be awesome. cataglyphis nodus and cataglyphis viatica

#2 Offline Georgeev - Posted April 8 2017 - 7:12 AM

Georgeev

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

I also live in southern Europe and cataglyphis is one of my favourite species sadly I have never caught a queen of that species.They fly in June and July according to this schedule http://www.formicult...ating-chart.htm

#3 Offline NikolaBale - Posted April 8 2017 - 8:07 AM

NikolaBale

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

I also live in southern Europe and cataglyphis is one of my favourite species sadly I have never caught a queen of that species.They fly in June and July according to this schedule http://www.formicult...ating-chart.htm

What do the numbers represent on the chart 2-1 is that a number that represents when there is the most in a sertain period ??

#4 Offline Jonathan21700 - Posted April 8 2017 - 1:37 PM

Jonathan21700

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Hello from Bulgaria. Here I found queens in the middle of July that's about when their flights are, thought I don't think they actually fly but rather mate on the ground. I only managed to catch 2 winged queens which sadly died after a few days. I think they weren't mated. Good luck!

Edited by Jonathan21700, April 8 2017 - 1:37 PM.

#5 Offline NikolaBale - Posted April 8 2017 - 2:52 PM

NikolaBale

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Hello from Bulgaria. Here I found queens in the middle of July that's about when their flights are, thought I don't think they actually fly but rather mate on the ground. I only managed to catch 2 winged queens which sadly died after a few days. I think they weren't mated. Good luck!

Thank you man 😉😉😊

#6 Offline nikolas22t - Posted August 8 2017 - 1:46 PM

nikolas22t

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

I am from Cyprus also and i am looking for cataglyphis queen but never found one!

#7 Offline Georgeev - Posted September 23 2017 - 3:10 AM

Georgeev

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

I'm also from cyprus,tried to find some but i didn't.They seem very cool ants

#8 Offline Georgeev - Posted September 23 2017 - 3:11 AM

Georgeev

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

I am from Cyprus also and i am looking for cataglyphis queen but never found one!

I'm also from cyprus,tried to find some but i didn't.They seem very cool ants

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users