• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

JoshuaGF's Tapinoma Sessile Journal

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Offline JoshuaGF - Posted August 25 2014 - 1:14 PM

JoshuaGF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Well I have decided to create a journal for this queen. I am new to online journals but will try my best. I found this queen crossing my porch on August 12th. Since I didn't have any test tubes I put her in a jar. I left her alone for 9 days without looking at her and came back to find that she had laid a batch of eggs. Originally she had 7 eggs but laid 5 more eggs on August 24th. I have noticed she picks each one up and cleans them periodically. Right now things appear to be going well. I do put a few drops of water in with her every once in awhile. Currently thinking about introducing a dead cricket. She is being kept in the nice hot garage in a dark cabinet and appears to stand the heat well.

#2 Offline Myrmicinae - Posted August 25 2014 - 2:12 PM

Myrmicinae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationFort Collins, CO
Nice! This species is very adaptable in where it nests, so I'm not too surprised that she is doing well in a jar.
Journals on Formiculture:
Pheidole ceres
Tapinoma sessile

Old YouTube Channel:
ColoradoAnts

#3 Offline Gregory2455 - Posted July 16 2015 - 3:49 AM

Gregory2455

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,286 posts
  • LocationCalifornia