• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Formica fusca Update 8/20/14

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Offline AntsAreUs - Posted August 20 2014 - 2:19 PM

AntsAreUs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationMarion, IN

A third worker just enclosed! Still have 4 more pupa left. The workers just now today were discovered foraging in there brand new foraging area and they absolutely loved the honey! Although for some reason they kind of ignored the sliced mealworm I gave them. So far so good.

#2 Offline dspdrew - Posted August 20 2014 - 3:20 PM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

How come you're updating your journal with new threads? Is this the same colony as the one in this journal here (http://forum.formicu...-formica-fusca/)?

#3 Offline AntsAreUs - Posted August 20 2014 - 3:59 PM

AntsAreUs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationMarion, IN

How come you're updating your journal with new threads? Is this the same colony as the one in this journal here (http://forum.formicu...-formica-fusca/)?

Am I not supposed to?? If not then oops. I just thought so because all your  acromyrmex stuff.

Edited by Gaige Daughtrey, August 20 2014 - 4:03 PM.

#4 Offline dspdrew - Posted August 21 2014 - 8:20 AM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

I'm not exactly sure what you're saying, I only have one Acromyrmex journal thread. I update it almost every day right now, but it's all in one thread. I love for people to post journals and update them often, I'm just saying don't create a new thread for each update. Instead, put it in a new post on your already existing thread for that species. Look at everybody else's journals and you will see what I mean. It makes it MUCH easier for someone to follow your journal. I can move the post you have here to your existing journal thread, and get rid of this one if you want.

Edit: I just thought of something that might be confusing you. When I update my journals, I change the title of the thread each time so it shows the new date it was updated. Let me know if you can't figure out where to do that and I'll show you. You have to use the full editor to do it.

Edited by dspdrew, August 21 2014 - 9:39 AM.

#5 Offline AntsAreUs - Posted August 21 2014 - 12:37 PM

AntsAreUs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationMarion, IN

I'm not exactly sure what you're saying, I only have one Acromyrmex journal thread. I update it almost every day right now, but it's all in one thread. I love for people to post journals and update them often, I'm just saying don't create a new thread for each update. Instead, put it in a new post on your already existing thread for that species. Look at everybody else's journals and you will see what I mean. It makes it MUCH easier for someone to follow your journal. I can move the post you have here to your existing journal thread, and get rid of this one if you want.

Edit: I just thought of something that might be confusing you. When I update my journals, I change the title of the thread each time so it shows the new date it was updated. Let me know if you can't figure out where to do that and I'll show you. You have to use the full editor to do it.

I know that it's only one just you make it seam like a ton, sorry though.

#6 Offline AntsAreUs - Posted August 30 2014 - 2:56 PM

AntsAreUs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationMarion, IN

They ate some of the workers so now I only have 5 workers. Seems to be taking a little while for them to lay there second generation's eggs.

#7 Offline Gregory2455 - Posted August 30 2014 - 7:08 PM

Gregory2455

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,286 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

lay there second generation's eggs.

It always takes a while.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users