• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Hello All (Ant-Topia Introduction)

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Offline ParaStatic - Posted January 12 2017 - 7:04 AM

ParaStatic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Hello all, my name is Kelly Sutton I am the owner of Ant-Topia and will use this section here in the future for feedback, suggestions and any wish list items you the end users would like to see come to a reality.  I have been designing ant keeping products for many years for my own personal use and launched Ant-Topia early last year.  But as I was waiting for access to the technology I did not grow or expand as rapidly as I have done these last few months.   Ant-Topia is based out of Upper Michigan USA, and that is where all products are made and shipped from.   

A couple recent items launched just this past few days include The View and the Modular V4 available at Ant-Topia.

• Mads, Martialis, MichiganAnts and 1 other like this
Owner and operator of Ant-topia, find me on Facebook at https://m.facebook.com/ant-topia

#2 Offline Mads - Posted January 12 2017 - 7:14 AM

Mads

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationInnisfail, Alberta, Canada

Very nice site, you have some very cool items, I will definitely be trying a few of them out this year. Good luck in your venture!

Mads

• ParaStatic likes this

#3 Offline T.C. - Posted January 12 2017 - 9:03 AM

T.C.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Hello, like mads said nice site. I really like (The View Nest), and it has a real fair price as well. That work for camponotous?

Edited by T.C., January 12 2017 - 9:03 AM.

“If I am killed for simply living, let death be kinder than man.” -Althea Davis

#4 Offline ParaStatic - Posted January 12 2017 - 9:33 AM

ParaStatic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Hello, like mads said nice site. I really like (The View Nest), and it has a real fair price as well. That work for camponotous?

Yes they work very well for Camponotus colonies.  I have one for smaller ants as well I plan to release soon.  (tapinoma sessile and other like sized ants).  I currently have 5 different Camponotus colonies in versions of The View that are doing remarkably well. 

Owner and operator of Ant-topia, find me on Facebook at https://m.facebook.com/ant-topia

#5 Offline Alabama Anter - Posted January 12 2017 - 2:56 PM

Alabama Anter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationBoulder, Colorado
Hmmmm great products! Might buy some.

YJK

#6 Offline SamKeepsAnts - Posted January 12 2017 - 6:17 PM

SamKeepsAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Cool projects also are you considering making a version of the Multi queen founding nest for semi claustral queens?

Edited by SamKeepsAnts, January 12 2017 - 6:17 PM.

Owner of :

7 Founding Brachymyrmex Patagonicus queens

#7 Offline ParaStatic - Posted January 12 2017 - 6:18 PM

ParaStatic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Cool projects also are you considering making a version of the Multi queen founding nest for semi claustral queens?

I do have a version of something similar in mind.  I hope to get to it after I make the smaller version of The View.  :)

#8 Offline Connectimyrmex - Posted January 12 2017 - 7:26 PM

Connectimyrmex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,864 posts
  • LocationAvon, Connecticut

Nice site! Would this work for my ultra destructive Pheidole? They are chipping at the corners their THA Ytong formicarium.

Hawaiiant (Ben)

Keeper of
Miniature Labradoodle
Baby Wolf Spider
Mud Dauber wasp larvae
Ochetellus Glaber
Solenopsis Geminata
Brachymyrmex Obscurior
Cardiocondyla Emeryi
Tetramorium Bicarinatum
Plagiolepis Alluaudi
Anoplolepis Gracilipes
Technomyrmex Difficilis
Pheidole Megacephala
Aholehole fish
Cowrie snail
Sea Fan Worm
100+ sea squirts
Tree seedlings
Ghost Crab
Day Gecko
Small Fat Centipede
Endemic Lacewing larva
Vernal Pool shrimps

#9 Offline Connectimyrmex - Posted January 12 2017 - 7:28 PM

Connectimyrmex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,864 posts
  • LocationAvon, Connecticut

I'm especially interested in the 3x3 Horizon formicarium.

Hawaiiant (Ben)

Keeper of
Miniature Labradoodle
Baby Wolf Spider
Mud Dauber wasp larvae
Ochetellus Glaber
Solenopsis Geminata
Brachymyrmex Obscurior
Cardiocondyla Emeryi
Tetramorium Bicarinatum
Plagiolepis Alluaudi
Anoplolepis Gracilipes
Technomyrmex Difficilis
Pheidole Megacephala
Aholehole fish
Cowrie snail
Sea Fan Worm
100+ sea squirts
Tree seedlings
Ghost Crab
Day Gecko
Small Fat Centipede
Endemic Lacewing larva
Vernal Pool shrimps

#10 Offline Annexis - Posted January 12 2017 - 7:32 PM

Annexis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationAtlanta Georgia

Looks nice!

#11 Offline ParaStatic - Posted January 12 2017 - 7:44 PM

ParaStatic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Nice site! Would this work for my ultra destructive Pheidole? They are chipping at the corners their THA Ytong formicarium.

I have never personally kept Pheidole, however I have kept a lot of good chewers (camponotus) and they have never tried to dig at acrylic, so I think you would be completely fine.  Acrylic is a pretty hard substance, and I doubt any ant could make a dent in it before giving up and moving along.  :)

#12 Offline antgenius123 - Posted January 12 2017 - 9:50 PM

antgenius123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Cool site! I think I'll be buying from here in the future

Currently own:
(1x) Camponotus Sp.
(1x) Pheidole aurivillii (?)
(1x) Monomorium Sp. (?)

Other

#13 Offline AnthonyP163 - Posted January 13 2017 - 10:08 AM

AnthonyP163

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts
  • LocationWaukesha, Wisconsin.

Hello all, my name is Kelly Sutton I am the owner of Ant-Topia and will use this section here in the future for feedback, suggestions and any wish list items you the end users would like to see come to a reality.  I have been designing ant keeping products for many years for my own personal use and launched Ant-Topia early last year.  But as I was waiting for access to the technology I did not grow or expand as rapidly as I have done these last few months.   Ant-Topia is based out of Upper Michigan USA, and that is where all products are made and shipped from.   

A couple recent items launched just this past few days include The View and the Modular V4 available at Ant-Topia.

wow! Me and my friend saw your website about a week back, and I was just about to make a thread any day now. Great formicaria! I was wondering if anyone knew about Ant-Topia. Good luck to you! Also, can Camponotus fit in the Modular V4?

Ant Keeping & Ethology Discord - 2000+ Members and growing

Statesideants.com - order live ants legally in the US

#14 Offline ParaStatic - Posted January 13 2017 - 10:11 AM

ParaStatic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

wow! Me and my friend saw your website about a week back, and I was just about to make a thread any day now. Great formicaria! I was wondering if anyone knew about Ant-Topia. Good luck to you! Also, can Camponotus fit in the Modular V4?

Yes Camponotus fit in the v3 and the v4 very well with plenty of space to turn around do whatever it is they wish to do.  I actually have my favorite Camponotus noveboracensis queen in one right now.  (she never shed her wings but has workers and all :) :)

TRrAD6g.jpg

This was after they moved in, they now move the eggs between the screen and to the sides.

Edited by ParaStatic, January 13 2017 - 10:20 AM.

• CrazyLegs likes this

#15 Offline T.C. - Posted January 13 2017 - 2:24 PM

T.C.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Yes they work very well for Camponotus colonies.  I have one for smaller ants as well I plan to release soon.  (tapinoma sessile and other like sized ants).  I currently have 5 different Camponotus colonies in versions of The View that are doing remarkably well. 

Does the View have connectors so i can attach tubing to lead to another nest, outworld, etc?

#16 Offline ParaStatic - Posted January 13 2017 - 3:22 PM

ParaStatic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Does the View have connectors so i can attach tubing to lead to another nest, outworld, etc?

Yes the rear of the mini outworld has a connector for 7/16ths tubing. 

tZVW5xy.jpg

#17 Offline T.C. - Posted January 13 2017 - 4:08 PM

T.C.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Oh, cool. I see you also have the tubing for sale as well. I will be ordering two formicariums here in the future, one from Ant-Topia and the other from 117 colonies.

#18 Offline SamKeepsAnts - Posted January 13 2017 - 5:38 PM

SamKeepsAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Also it would be cool to have a tiny formicarium and outworld for small colonies of small ants like temnothorax

Owner of :

7 Founding Brachymyrmex Patagonicus queens

#19 Offline ParaStatic - Posted January 13 2017 - 5:41 PM

ParaStatic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Also it would be cool to have a tiny formicarium and outworld for small colonies of small ants like temnothorax

I made one for the smaller ants, to specs for tapinoma sessile I hope to release soon.  :) 

blaXLuB.jpg

• ctantkeeper likes this

#20 Offline MichiganAnts - Posted January 13 2017 - 7:40 PM

MichiganAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • LocationMichigan

yo what's up kelly!!

Owner of MichiganAnts, a YouTube Channel dedicated to all my Michigan colonies found and raise in my backyard

https://www.youtube.com/MichiganAnts

https://twitter.com/MichiganAnts

https://www.facebook.com/MichiganAnts/

Keeper of:

Camponotus Pennsylvanicus

Camponotus Noveboracensis

Tetramorium

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users