• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Which ant would win?

battle ant war ants odontomachus winter ants

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Poll: Which ant would win? (34 member(s) have cast votes)

Who would win?

1. Odontomachus (3 workers, one callow) (12 votes [35.29%])

Percentage of vote: 35.29%

2. Yellow crazy ants (4 workers, 2 callow) (5 votes [14.71%])

Percentage of vote: 14.71%

3. Tetramorium (4 workers, 1 queen) (2 votes [5.88%])

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

4. Camponotus Pennsylvanicus (2 workers, 1 queen) (7 votes [20.59%])

Percentage of vote: 20.59%

5. Formica Pallidefulva (4 workers) (1 votes [2.94%])

Percentage of vote: 2.94%

6. Weaver ants (3 workers, 1 queen, and brood *wink*) (1 votes [2.94%])

Percentage of vote: 2.94%

7. (Not ants) Subterranean termites, 1 queen, 1 major, 1 minor) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

8. Brachymyrmex depilis (5 workers, 1 queen) (6 votes [17.65%])

Percentage of vote: 17.65%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Offline AnthonyP163 - Posted January 5 2017 - 7:00 AM

AnthonyP163

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
  • LocationWaukesha, Wisconsin.
Which do you think would win? Vote in the poll above (Hawaiiant did one of these, they're really cool.)

Ant Keeping & Ethology Discord - 2000+ Members and growing

Statesideants.com - order live ants legally in the US

#2 Offline Alabama Anter - Posted January 5 2017 - 7:01 AM

Alabama Anter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationBoulder, Colorado

Which do you think would win? Vote in the poll above (Hawaiiant did one of these, they're really cool.)

Why do we need another one of these polls? HawaiiAnt can just update them from time to time...
Edit: It just clutters up the thread in my opinion :)

Edited by Alabama Anter, January 5 2017 - 7:01 AM.

• Mdrogun and Canadian anter like this

YJK

#3 Offline AnthonyP163 - Posted January 5 2017 - 7:05 AM

AnthonyP163

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Why do we need another one of these polls? HawaiiAnt can just update them from time to time...
Edit: It just clutters up the thread in my opinion :)

Because I'm bored, and I added new species and new numbers lol. What else do I do when my assignments are done?
  • ctantkeeper likes this

#4 Offline Serafine - Posted January 5 2017 - 7:10 AM

Serafine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,782 posts
  • LocationGermany

Are the Camponotus supposed to be majors or minors? Camponotus majors are incredibly good at disposing other ants up to a point where a handful of them can kill off an entire young colony of over hundred smaller ants like Lasius.

• Mettcollsuss and TennesseeAnts like this

We should respect all forms of consciousness. The body is just a vessel, a mere hull.

Welcome to Lazy Tube - My Camponotus Journal

#5 Offline Mdrogun - Posted January 5 2017 - 7:12 AM

Mdrogun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • LocationGainesville, FL

Camponotus pennsylvanicus

Edited by Mdrogun, January 5 2017 - 9:12 AM.

Currently Keeping:
Trachymyrmex septentrionalis

Pheidole pilifera

Forelius sp. (Monogynous, bicolored) "Midwestern Forelius"
Crematogaster cerasi

Pheidole bicarinata

Aphaenogaster rudis

Camponotus chromaiodes

Formica sp. (microgena species)

Nylanderia cf. arenivega

#6 Offline AnthonyP163 - Posted January 5 2017 - 7:16 AM

AnthonyP163

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
I didn't force you to click this. I'm bored, I can do these if I want, you can ignore them all you want.
  • ctantkeeper, Mdrogun, T.C. and 1 other like this

#7 Offline Alabama Anter - Posted January 5 2017 - 7:49 AM

Alabama Anter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

I didn't force you to click this. I'm bored, I can do these if I want, you can ignore them all you want.

Like we said it clutters the thread and it's just advice. Jeez are u salty?
EDIT: it's a peice of advice that I think most people will agree. This is a free forum so u can post whatever u want at your own expense

Edited by Alabama Anter, January 5 2017 - 7:50 AM.

YJK

#8 Offline T.C. - Posted January 5 2017 - 8:21 AM

T.C.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

EDIT: it's a peice of advice that I think most people will agree. This is a free forum so u can post whatever u want at your own expense

There is not a single thing wrong with this post. I do not believe you are in any position to be criticising anyone's posts. We don't need to take a look through yours do we?

Edited by T.C., January 5 2017 - 8:33 AM.

• ctantkeeper, Martialis, AnthonyP163 and 1 other like this
“If I am killed for simply living, let death be kinder than man.” -Althea Davis

#9 Offline Alabama Anter - Posted January 5 2017 - 9:06 AM

Alabama Anter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

There is not a single thing wrong with this post. I do not believe you are in any position to be criticising anyone's posts. We don't need to take a look through yours do we?
O lord... TC again... there really isn't anything wrong with this post I'm just saying that we don't really need 2 threads doing the same thing. I don't mind if u **** at me, just do it on PMs

YJK

#10 Offline T.C. - Posted January 5 2017 - 9:16 AM

T.C.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

O lord... TC again... there really isn't anything wrong with this post I'm just saying that we don't really need 2 threads doing the same thing. I don't mind if u **** at me, just do it on PMs

Alabama anter, I was simply stating my thoughts, and I never said anything wrong that needed to be done with a private message.

• AnthonyP163 likes this

#11 Offline AnthonyP163 - Posted January 5 2017 - 10:07 AM

AnthonyP163

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 974 posts

This post was with some of the same species, and some of the different species from the other post. Like TC said, you are in no place to criticize anyone. You constantly endanger the already small diversity in Alabama, as you buy things from other places, even Asia and Europe. You even continue after you have been warned.

#12 Offline AnthonyP163 - Posted January 5 2017 - 10:10 AM

AnthonyP163

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 974 posts

At first, I didn't understand when people said that most kids are ruining this forum. Now I'm starting to understand. I'm a kid, and even the same age as you, and I act more mature. "Jeez, are u salty" Really?
  • ctantkeeper likes this

#13 Offline Alabama Anter - Posted January 5 2017 - 10:20 AM

Alabama Anter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

This post was with some of the same species, and some of the different species from the other post. Like TC said, you are in no place to criticize anyone. You constantly endanger the already small diversity in Alabama, as you buy things from other places, even Asia and Europe. You even continue after you have been warned.
When have I after my chat with BatSpiderFish?
Also yes Anthony please be a little more mature and stop ****ing at me in Formiculture and please can't we settle our arguments in Discord? Please grow up and learn that constructive criticism is a part of life

YJK

#14 Offline AnthonyP163 - Posted January 5 2017 - 10:24 AM

AnthonyP163

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 974 posts

When have I after my chat with BatSpiderFish?
Also yes Anthony please be a little more mature and stop ****ing at me in Formiculture and please can't we settle our arguments in Discord? Please grow up and learn that constructive criticism is a part of life

You announced on Discord that you were going to buy 20 or so Lasius Niger colonies from EU, was that a joke? Grow up? Me? I'm just saying why my side of the argument is correct. Everyone else wants to actually participate in this, it's kind of fun. All you want to do is act mature, but you end up messing it up because you can't help but say something like "jeez, u salty?" "****ing"

#15 Offline T.C. - Posted January 5 2017 - 10:38 AM

T.C.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Alright, lets not make this another topic drew has to lock!

#16 Offline AnthonyP163 - Posted January 5 2017 - 10:40 AM

AnthonyP163

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
Yes please lol sorry Alabama.

#17 Offline Alabama Anter - Posted January 5 2017 - 11:07 AM

Alabama Anter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts
Whoop whoop! Anthony great job! I told u to take it to Discord and now this topic will be locked. Yes please grow up. I have listed my criticism and u weren't fighting for your side. You were fight me while I was trying to tell you that maybe this will just clutter up the thread. I hope u can understand this and get this over in your brain. GG

YJK

#18 Offline AnthonyP163 - Posted January 5 2017 - 1:21 PM

AnthonyP163

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Whoop whoop! Anthony great job! I told u to take it to Discord and now this topic will be locked. Yes please grow up. I have listed my criticism and u weren't fighting for your side. You were fight me while I was trying to tell you that maybe this will just clutter up the thread. I hope u can understand this and get this over in your brain. GG

Didn't I just end the argument? Seriously. Stop. What do you care if it gets locked anyway? Literally. Just. Stop.
  • Martialis and FeedTheAnts like this

#19 Offline Kevin - Posted January 5 2017 - 2:21 PM

Kevin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 833 posts
  • LocationSouth Jersey

This thread is exactly why I suggested the reputation buttons.

Hit "Like This" if it helped.

#20 Offline T.C. - Posted January 5 2017 - 2:23 PM

T.C.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

This thread is exactly why I suggested the reputation buttons.

I felt the same way. I definetly think there should be like / dislike buttons on threads.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: battle, ant war, ants, odontomachus, winter ants

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users