The product is now available for order (see below).
In case you don't remember, this is the lid I'm talking about:
(bottom view, ants drinking liquid through mesh screen, no Fluon barrier present)
Size: 491 x 242 mm (19 5/16 x 9 1/2 inches)
It is laser cut, but I made a measurement mistake way back when I had them made, so I had to take off a few mm of material from one of the short and long sides to ensure the lid would fit into the aquarium frame. As a result of these being prototypes, I'm selling them at a slight discount.
- Laser-cut acrylic lid fits most 20x10 inch, 10-gallon aquariums
- Three, zero-gap inset lids with anodized aluminum handles elegantly prevent escape of small insects
- User replaceable 250 micron polypropylene (PP) mesh screen is durable and rust-proof
- 3M 468MP transfer tape strips included for permanent mounting to inside of aquarium rim, no silicone or other adhesives required
- Apply Fluon insect-slip (sold separately) to bottom of lid to prevent insects from obtaining footing and escaping when opened
Overview: This acrylic lid rests on the inside rim of most standard 10-gallon glass aquariums (20x10x12 inch spec). Exact size of lid is 491 x 242 mm (19 5/16 x 9 1/2 inches).
Laser cut from cast acrylic material for superior clarity, three inset lids rest on a main under-lid. A barrier agent such as Fluon (sold separately) may be applied to the underside of the under-lid to prevent crawling organisms such as insects from obtaining footing on the underside of the lid.
Instructions for use:
Please CONTACT US if you need any help installing, and we'll be more than happy to assist.
Edited by drtrmiller, December 2 2016 - 3:07 PM.