• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Ended

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
51 replies to this topic

#1 Offline drtrmiller - Posted November 7 2016 - 5:18 PM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts
Vote.jpg

Tuesday, November 8:

Reply to this thread with a selfie of you with your "I Voted" sticker tomorrow, November 8, and receive a free gift of antkeeping gear by mail. If you're really shy, you may also send the photo via PM or email at vote@byformica.com.

Click to share on Facebook
Click to share on Twitter

Users will be contacted through forum messaging after posting in order to obtain mailing address information for the free gift. No charge for shipping.

Terms:

Voting is for elections in the United States only, and is open to US residents with shipping to US addresses only. No cost for entry. All qualified entrants are entitled to one free gift. Write your formiculture.com user name on a piece of paper and hold that up in the photo so we know the photo belongs to you. Photos without identification or an "I Voted" sticker, or equivalent mark, are not qualified. ABSOLUTELY NO photographs of your ballot—those are illegal in many areas. Users must be 18+ years of age. One free gift per household. Void where prohibited.

Edited by drtrmiller, November 9 2016 - 12:10 PM.

byFormica® is the manufacturer of the iconic nectar feeders and Sunburst Ant Nectar.
byFormica ant products always deliver consistent performance, convenience,
and reliability, making them among the most beloved ant foods and kit enjoyed by
ant keeping enthusiasts worldwide. For more information, visit www.byFormica.com.

#2 Offline Alabama Anter - Posted November 7 2016 - 5:19 PM

Alabama Anter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationBoulder, Colorado

Vote.jpg

Tuesday, November 8:

Post a selfie of you with your "I Voted" sticker tomorrow, November 8, and receive a free gift of antkeeping gear by mail. If you're really shy, you may also send the photo via PM or email at vote@byformica.com.

The more people participate here in this thread, the BIGGER the gift will be, so share the word and get everyone out to vote! Let's blow up this thread tomorrow and get some new forum members in the process!

Users will be contacted through forum messaging after posting in order to obtain mailing address information for the free gift. No charge for shippign
Terms:

Voting is for elections in the United States only, and is open to US residents with shipping to US addresses only. No cost for entry. All qualified entrants are entitled to one free gift. Write your formiculture.com user name on a piece of paper and hold that up in the photo so we know the photo belongs to you. Photos without identification or an "I Voted" sticker, or equivalent mark, are not qualified. ABSOLUTELY NO photographs of your ballot—those are illegal in many areas. Users must be 18+ years of age. One free gift per household. Void where prohibited.

WHY WASNT I BORN EARLIER!!! Crap

Edited by Alabama Anter, November 7 2016 - 5:20 PM.

YJK

#3 Offline MrPurpleB - Posted November 7 2016 - 5:29 PM

MrPurpleB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Young people problems. :P

• T.C. likes this

#4 Offline Alabama Anter - Posted November 7 2016 - 5:47 PM

Alabama Anter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Young people problems. :P

:(

YJK

#5 Offline Canadian anter - Posted November 7 2016 - 6:09 PM

Canadian anter

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts
  • LocationToronto,Canada
:*(
Visit us at www.canada-ant-colony.com !

#6 Offline Reacker - Posted November 7 2016 - 6:12 PM

Reacker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • LocationFree State of Greater Potatonia

Remember guys, a vote for Trump is also a vote for free ant stuff! Get out there and make your voices heard!

• Martialis and T.C. like this

#7 Offline Enderz - Posted November 7 2016 - 6:26 PM

Enderz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Remember guys, a vote for Trump is also a vote for free ant stuff! Get out there and make your voices heard!

Reacker is a smart man. :D

Edited by EnderzATwar411, November 7 2016 - 7:02 PM.

:morning:  :hot:  :hot:  :hot:

Ex igne et in infernum. 

#8 Offline Reacker - Posted November 7 2016 - 6:28 PM

Reacker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Reacker is a smart man, byFormica will give you better stuff if you vote for trump!

That is literally true.

• Martialis likes this

#9 Offline Alabama Anter - Posted November 7 2016 - 8:11 PM

Alabama Anter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts
Hillary Clinton 2k16! Although I can't vote...

YJK

#10 Offline FSTP - Posted November 7 2016 - 8:19 PM

FSTP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts
  • Location36.7378° N, 119.7871° W

Oh geez I voted by mail last week, I'll see if I can find my ticket stub...

I'll pretend you didn't say that AL Anter  :P

Edited by FSTP, November 7 2016 - 8:20 PM.

• drtrmiller likes this

#11 Offline FSTP - Posted November 7 2016 - 9:02 PM

FSTP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts
  • Location36.7378° N, 119.7871° W

FIRST!

stubbs_zpslt4c3dkt.jpg

• drtrmiller and sgheaton like this

#12 Offline Solenoqueen - Posted November 7 2016 - 9:05 PM

Solenoqueen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

What will be the gift, because it depends what the gift is for me  (y)

:>

#13 Offline drtrmiller - Posted November 7 2016 - 9:11 PM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

What will be the gift, because it depends what the gift is for me  (y)

Antkeeping equipment, ant food, etc. The more people participate here, the more trouble I'll go through to make the freebie something special.
  • ctantkeeper likes this

byFormica® is the manufacturer of the iconic nectar feeders and Sunburst Ant Nectar.
and reliability, making them among the most beloved ant foods and kit enjoyed by
ant keeping enthusiasts worldwide. For more information, visit www.byFormica.com.

#14 Offline Solenoqueen - Posted November 7 2016 - 9:25 PM

Solenoqueen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Like byFormica blue :) I'll post if I get byFormica blue :)

:>

#15 Offline Reacker - Posted November 7 2016 - 9:52 PM

Reacker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

I voted Hillary on the 28th; but given that I'm in the potato state there are at least two ways in which my vote was entirely a waste of time.  

• Martialis likes this

#16 Offline drtrmiller - Posted November 7 2016 - 9:55 PM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

I voted Hillary on the 28th; but given that I'm in the potato state there are at least two ways in which my vote was entirely a waste of time.

There's a lot more on the ballot than just the presidency.

But even there, an electoral tie would be decided by the US House of Representatives. If that were to happen, and one candidate were to have a respectable lead in the popular vote, that factor may make a difference in the outcome.

Every vote counts.

Edited by drtrmiller, November 7 2016 - 10:05 PM.

#17 Offline Reacker - Posted November 7 2016 - 10:18 PM

Reacker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

But even there, an electoral tie would be decided by the US House of Representatives. If that were to happen, and one candidate were to have a respectable lead in the popular vote, that factor may make a difference in the outcome.

Every vote counts.

I'm aware of the other local and federal elections going on and voted accordingly, but the fact is that I live in one of the most conservative states in the country. While my vote on local city government does matter, my vote is entirely irrelevant at the federal level even in the event of a tie. I also don't see any possible circumstance in which the Republican dominated House would ever decide in favor of Hillary given the chance, and I think it's ridiculous to suggest otherwise given the current state of things. 

I think quite a few votes don't actually matter at all in a lot of circumstances. An individual voter in Florida, for example, has vastly more influence on the election outcome than those of us in uncontested states.

• Martialis likes this

#18 Offline fortysixandtwo - Posted November 7 2016 - 10:27 PM

fortysixandtwo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationNor Cal

I dropped my mail in ballot off today.

the proofz

Thanks.

14962956_1319285828095308_949968209_n.jp

Edited by fortysixandtwo, November 7 2016 - 10:33 PM.

#19 Offline fortysixandtwo - Posted November 7 2016 - 11:25 PM

fortysixandtwo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationNor Cal

Every vote counts.

I'm aware of the other local and federal elections going on and voted accordingly, but the fact is that I live in one of the most conservative states in the country. While my vote on local city government does matter, my vote is entirely irrelevant at the federal level even in the event of a tie. I also don't see any possible circumstance in which the Republican dominated House would ever decide in favor of Hillary given the chance, and I think it's ridiculous to suggest otherwise given the current state of things. 

I think quite a few votes don't actually matter at all in a lot of circumstances. An individual voter in Florida, for example, has vastly more influence on the election outcome than those of us in uncontested states.

Hah its the same for me in California except with the Blue majority. My state has been blue since I was old enough to vote. I voted for Gary Johnson, I am hoping to see Third parties reach the 5% mark to be able to access federal funds and have a chance in future elections. Lots of important propositions in California this year too, important that people don't overlook their local ballot measures because those you do have a direct effect on.

Edited by fortysixandtwo, November 7 2016 - 11:26 PM.

• dspdrew likes this

#20 Offline Kevin - Posted November 8 2016 - 3:40 AM

Kevin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 833 posts
  • LocationSouth Jersey

I'm excited to see the results. Trump16! I guess my vote doesn't matter much either, NJ is a given blue.

Hit "Like This" if it helped.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users