• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Hoping to find a keeper in Maryland interested in a trade

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Offline underclock - Posted October 21 2016 - 4:46 AM

underclock

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I'm in the Baltimore area

I've got 4 queens, social parasites of the Lasius genus, and that's it, so I'm either looking to trade for a more traditional queen, or maybe a test tube setup with just some lasius brood and a few workers to care for them so I can get one of my current queens going.

Of course I'm willing to trade those queens, and additionally I have:

Dubia roaches. I could trade a starter colony of dubia. That's the species of roach featured giving birth while being eaten by fire ants in an antscanada video

Frogs. I have two locally caught frogs, currently cohabitating. They're of different species though, and realistically I should get rid of one of them soon anyhow, the larger one is nearly large enough to eat the smaller one.

Tarantulas. They're my main hobby, and I have a variety of species. The ones on my "for sale" stock are sort of higher end, more so than a test tube queen, but I'd be willing to cut a discount on a T with the trade of a queen or two. If you're interested in a spider, just ask, I have a few species available

dwarf white isopods. I use these guys as tank cleaners for my larger inverts, they do a wonderful job keeping tarantula, true spider, and land crab cages clean and free of excess feeding debris and poo. I'm not sure if ants would eat them, or ignore them, but they'd be either a source of supplementary food, or more ideally they could help keep your outworld clean.

Buffalo worms/beetles. I currently have an abundance of buffalo worms and beetles. Another common name for them is the lesser meal worm. The larvae make excellent feeders, and the larvae and adults together make excellent cleaners. The larvae are anywhere between "I can barely see those without a magnifying glass" and 3/4 of an inch. More importantly they're prolific breeders. I got them with a shipment of red runner roaches, and now I have more than I can really deal with. A little dog food in a deli cup with them, and your ants could have all the buffalo worms they could want.

Most importantly though, I have no way of currently taking care of a social parasite queen right now, so I hope hope hope there's somebody around who's interested

Here's a small album with images of all 4 (obviously with two images of some specimine, since there's six pictures)
  • drtrmiller likes this

#2 Offline underclock - Posted October 21 2016 - 5:04 AM

underclock

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I forgot to add the link to the pictures it looks like

http://m.imgur.com/a/r9GQH

#3 Offline Chandlerk - Posted October 21 2016 - 9:28 AM

Chandlerk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationMaryland
Hi and welcome to the forum!
Glad to see another member from Maryland.
I have quite a few Lasius Queens, the general consensus here is that they are L. neoniger.

I am currently near DC but I frequent the Baltimore area.

I also have some B.depilis queens.

#4 Offline underclock - Posted October 21 2016 - 11:07 AM

underclock

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Thank you for the welcome! I probably should have checked to see if there was an introductions page first.

I'll PM you to work something out

• Chandlerk likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users