• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Suggestion: Detach a separate politics forum from Off-Topic and remove Politics from new post/thread feed.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Reacker - Posted September 19 2016 - 11:14 AM

Reacker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • LocationFree State of Greater Potatonia

We all know what I'm talking about. Sure we can ignore it but do we really want hate speech to be the face of the forum whenever someone opens it up for the first time? Welcome to Formiculture.com, your new favorite place to discuss ant husbandry and how Muslims are destroying 'Murica!

• dermy, benjiwuf, LC3 and 3 others like this

#2 Offline Canadian anter - Posted September 19 2016 - 2:20 PM

Canadian anter

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts
  • LocationToronto,Canada
*Stares guiltily at jedipeacefrog

This is meant to be a joke
Visit us at www.canada-ant-colony.com !

#3 Offline Vendayn - Posted September 19 2016 - 3:30 PM

Vendayn

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts
  • LocationOrange County, California

Personally, I don't think a political (or religious) subsection is very appropriate no matter if you/I agree with their viewpoint or not...not for a hobby forum. If I was into airplanes, I wouldn't go onto an airplane hobby forum and start ranting about politics or religion. Even if they had an off-topic section, it isn't a very appropriate place for it.

I'm all for free speech and not limiting types of posts...but I think there needs to be a sand crossed in the line. Especially since this is a forum for ants, a hobby forum. And I definitely think political and religion discussion would be across that line.

• LC3 and FeedTheAnts like this

#4 Offline gcsnelling - Posted September 19 2016 - 4:19 PM

gcsnelling

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

As I have said before I do not believe there is any place here for these sort of posts.  Drew I totally get your free speech feelings but there are times when some small bit of censorship must take place. These topics fall into that category. My feeling is that originator should be warned and if there is a refusal to comply ban them. However if it were decided to add a politics only forum it should be set up so you have to have a special password or permission to enter.

• James C. Trager likes this

#5 Offline john.harrold - Posted September 19 2016 - 7:57 PM

john.harrold

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationCastro Valley, Ca

I keep forgetting who the token white nationalist is, and the regular posts are like a public service. The only improvement would be to change his avatar. The frog he's currently using isn't explicit enough. I think he should just drop all pretenses and go full Pepe the Frog. There's a lot to choose from. However, given the particular form of mathematically challenged xenophobia, I think the smug muslim might be appropriate for the Jedi.

http://pepe-the-frog.../2016-01-05-358

This way anyone new joining the forum and people with bad memories such as myself will know exactly what they are dealing with.

• drtrmiller likes this

#6 Offline Alza - Posted September 19 2016 - 8:14 PM

Alza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • LocationThe Village

These post's aren't even common, who cares. 

• dspdrew and Loops117 like this

#7 Offline dspdrew - Posted September 20 2016 - 1:15 AM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

I still haven't had the time to find a way to make those technical changes we talked about before. The last thread was removed from the front page because that is what happens when a thread is locked. To the point Alza made, it's so uncommon that it really wasn't that high on my list of things to do. I have a LOT of stuff going on. Ignoring still works wonders.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users