• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Archiving chat?

suggestions

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Canadian anter - Posted July 18 2016 - 8:55 PM

Canadian anter

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts
  • LocationToronto,Canada

I was thinking, what if we archived some of the things going on in the chat? In case there was something mportant in there such as a link that perhaps many people were looking for for an ID or some help that would be hard to provide because of regional issues?Or because a certain sp. needed specialized care?Ex.Most people here are from southern california so say...... someone from Laos wants info on harpognathos or a rarely kept inquiline sp? It would also help non-members get more information. So I think this would also let this community be less biased towards members.What do you say?

Visit us at www.canada-ant-colony.com !

#2 Offline drtrmiller - Posted July 18 2016 - 10:49 PM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts
I've brought this up with dspdrew before. I think he enjoys the fact that he's the only person with access to the chat logs.

One of the reasons I don't participate in chat any longer, is because all the effort of conversation amounts for very little. Granted, with some of the X-rated discussions that often take place in there, maybe that's reason alone not to archive them.

byFormica® is the manufacturer of the iconic nectar feeders and Sunburst Ant Nectar.
byFormica ant products always deliver consistent performance, convenience,
and reliability, making them among the most beloved ant foods and kit enjoyed by
ant keeping enthusiasts worldwide. For more information, visit www.byFormica.com.

#3 Offline Loops117 - Posted July 19 2016 - 5:03 AM

Loops117

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • LocationSouth Lyon, Michigan

I was asking of something similar. It would be nice to be able to navigate away from chat, and not miss anything

#4 Offline Reacker - Posted July 24 2016 - 12:18 PM

Reacker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • LocationFree State of Greater Potatonia

Chat Topic Breakdown by Rough Percentage:

20% ant stuff

30% random things

50% discussions from dermy about his various scatological maladies

I don't think too much is being missed out on by not archiving the chat publicly. 

• dermy, LC3 and Canadian anter like this

#5 Offline dspdrew - Posted July 24 2016 - 12:35 PM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

:lol:  If the chat was archived and made public, the same rules that apply on the forum would apply there. I think most would rather keep it the way it is.

• Reacker, Gregory2455, LC3 and 2 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: suggestions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users