• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Dspdrew's Camponotus sp.4 Journal (Discontinued)

oneill regional park journal dspdrew camponotus trabuco canyon california

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Offline dspdrew - Posted May 10 2014 - 6:09 AM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

5-10-2014

On April 7th 2014, around 10:00 PM, I found three of these Camponotus sp. dealates wandering around on a trail in O'Neill Regional Park, in Trabuco Canyon, California. A few weeks later on May 2nd, I found another one on the shoulder of the road close to the same area.

These (the first three) started laying eggs about four days later, and now have quite a bit of brood, including cocoons already.

gallery_2_191_85060.jpg

gallery_2_191_21888.jpg

#2 Offline dspdrew - Posted May 25 2014 - 10:01 AM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

Update 5-25-2014

One of these has since died, leaving me with three.

Last night one queen got her first two workers.

gallery_2_191_74171.jpg

gallery_2_191_9355.jpg

gallery_2_191_80264.jpg

#3 Offline dspdrew - Posted June 20 2014 - 10:52 PM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

Update 6-20-2014

I have now decided these are C. vicinus like I suspected from the start, and so I am discontinuing this journal, and merging it with my C. vicinus journal found here (http://forum.formicu...2014/#entry2658).

#4 Offline Alza - Posted September 13 2014 - 3:34 PM

Alza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • LocationThe Village

very nice 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: oneill regional park, journal, dspdrew, camponotus, trabuco canyon, california

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users