• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Florida Queen Sellers?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Air - Posted June 5 2016 - 11:49 PM

Air

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Hi fellow ant keepers! I'm located in West Palm Beach, FL, and I'm looking for some queen sellers. I feel like I've read something about being able to ship ants as long as you are in a 100 mile radius, but I may be wrong. I am currently looking for every other species, as long as they are the same size or larger than a Solenopsis Invicta queen. I don't want anymore Solenopsis queens, as I already have 26 now. Thank you!

• JediPeaceFrog likes this

#2 Offline EstuaryAnts - Posted June 17 2016 - 6:26 AM

EstuaryAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationCarrollton Texas

26 solenopsis queens? dang.

#3 Offline MrmrGatlin - Posted June 17 2016 - 7:03 AM

MrmrGatlin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationFort myers FL

It's good to grab a hefty few for insurance. For example, when I caught a Brachymyrmex flight happening I caught 12. After a couple of weeks that went down to 6 from half of the queens dying off for no reason. If I had only caught a few they might have all died or been duds. Also it's nice to catch a few extra if you have some friends to send them to!

• Okeedoke22 likes this
Current Species-------------------------
Brachymyrmex Patagonicus [First workers]
Pheidole Floridana [R.I.P. :'( ]
Odontomachus Brunneus [Founding]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users