• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Valparaiso IN on 5/26/16 got a good pic now

ant id request

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Offline WingedD20 - Posted May 26 2016 - 7:34 PM

WingedD20

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Last pic is the best I finally got a good one. Light residential area on a sidewalk on 5/26 by grass lawns and trees. She is about 1/4 inch (6mm) and is shiny black with brown legs. I think the antenna may be brown to. I think I see wing scars but I am unsure if she is a queen or just a worker. She seems to be hanging around the wet cotton swab and ignoring the one with honey on it. These are the clearest pics I have at the moment. She may have a sting on her Gaster or it just comes to more of a point. Now that I have had some time to get a better look at her I am more sure she has wing scars.

Attached Images

• DSCF0390.JPG
  • DSCF0391.JPG
  • DSCF0395.JPG
  • DSCF0397.JPG
  • DSCF0400.JPG
  • DSCF0405.JPG

Edited by WingedD20, May 26 2016 - 10:04 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ant id request

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users