• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Available Now for only $0.01! byFormica Bug Box - Easily keep bugs from being dragged into the nest

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
38 replies to this topic

#21 Offline JediPeaceFrog - Posted June 16 2016 - 5:56 PM

JediPeaceFrog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationMontana
Hey, right on! I didn't know I won!

#22 Offline drtrmiller - Posted June 16 2016 - 5:58 PM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts
This isn't ready yet. When it is, you'll be notified.
  • ctantkeeper likes this

byFormica® is the manufacturer of the iconic nectar feeders and Sunburst Ant Nectar.
byFormica ant products always deliver consistent performance, convenience,
and reliability, making them among the most beloved ant foods and kit enjoyed by
ant keeping enthusiasts worldwide. For more information, visit www.byFormica.com.

#23 Offline JediPeaceFrog - Posted June 16 2016 - 6:27 PM

JediPeaceFrog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationMontana
Sounds good. Thank you for the contest. My luck is changing for the better every day. ☘

#24 Offline Tpro4 - Posted June 17 2016 - 8:38 AM

Tpro4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationNorth Hills, CA
it seems i was too late for this contest
Remember Dragon Warrior, anything is possible when you have inner peace. - Master Shifu

Current Queens:
1 Unknown Pogomyemex
1 Solenopsis Xyloni

#25 Offline drtrmiller - Posted June 27 2016 - 2:43 PM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts
Quick update:

Working on redesign for this to improve versatility. Hopefully manufacturing to begin soon.

byFormica® is the manufacturer of the iconic nectar feeders and Sunburst Ant Nectar.
and reliability, making them among the most beloved ant foods and kit enjoyed by
ant keeping enthusiasts worldwide. For more information, visit www.byFormica.com.

#26 Offline XZero38 - Posted July 7 2016 - 8:55 AM

XZero38

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationHenderson, CO

For the bug box, instead of a solid top would it possibly help prevent them from living in it if the top is either open or mesh?

• ctantkeeper likes this

#27 Offline drtrmiller - Posted July 7 2016 - 9:28 AM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

For the bug box, instead of a solid top would it possibly help prevent them from living in it if the top is either open or mesh?

The current design iteration is a bit different than what is pictured here, and further reduces or eliminates the possibility that ants may want to live in the box. The design change was necessary because larger ants got confused as to how to exit the box once they entered.

This is a prototype that works much better than the original. It may not represent the final product.

Edited by drtrmiller, July 7 2016 - 6:40 PM.

• ctantkeeper and Bcam43 like this

#28 Offline Bcam43 - Posted July 7 2016 - 6:13 PM

Bcam43

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

The current design iteration is a bit different than what is pictured here, and further reduces or solves the possibility that ants may want to live in the box.  The design change was necessary because larger ants got confused as to how to exit the box once they entered.

This is a prototype that works much better than the original.  It may not represent the final product.

I think this is a great idea. But I also like the bug stake. Perhaps you should look at separating the two products!

• ctantkeeper likes this

#29 Offline ctantkeeper - Posted July 7 2016 - 6:17 PM

ctantkeeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  • LocationCT

The current design iteration is a bit different than what is pictured here, and further reduces or solves the possibility that ants may want to live in the box.  The design change was necessary because larger ants got confused as to how to exit the box once they entered.

This is a prototype that works much better than the original.  It may not represent the final product.

I think this is a great idea. But I also like the bug stake. Perhaps you should look at separating the two products!

I agree

• Bcam43 likes this

#30 Offline Antfollower - Posted September 6 2016 - 7:28 PM

Antfollower

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Looking forward to being able to purchase these!

• ctantkeeper likes this

#31 Offline JediPeaceFrog - Posted October 27 2016 - 11:30 PM

JediPeaceFrog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationMontana
I was notified some time ago that I was one of the lucky winners of this! Haven't heard back though. Have you finished these yet? I could use it. Thanks.

CONTEST FOR FREE PRODUCT:

I'm manufacturing them now.  They'll be released when they're ready.  Fortunately, there is less labor involved, compared to other products.

I started a contest that is open to the public to vote on which product configuration they MOST prefer, or to suggest alternative product configurations, for the final retail kit:

http://www.tricider....ing/3MFehoZUdjh

THREE WINNERS will be chosen among the voters.  Winners will receive a coupon code for a free kit, after it is made available.  Please only vote for your favorite configuration.  No purchase necessary to vote.  Contest void where prohibited by law.

#32 Offline drtrmiller - Posted November 25 2016 - 7:03 AM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

Edited by drtrmiller, April 1 2017 - 8:07 PM.

#33 Offline Kevin - Posted November 25 2016 - 7:12 AM

Kevin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 833 posts
  • LocationSouth Jersey

How do you get shipping that cheap? I find that the smallest USPS flat rate is over 6$.

Hit "Like This" if it helped.

#34 Offline drtrmiller - Posted November 25 2016 - 7:14 AM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

How do you get shipping that cheap? I find that the smallest USPS flat rate is over 6$.

Off-topic questions should be sent via PM. It's called First Class Mail (FCM) Parcel, Commercial Base Pricing.

https://www.usps.com...-class-mail.htm

Edited by drtrmiller, November 25 2016 - 7:26 AM.

#35 Offline drtrmiller - Posted November 25 2016 - 8:42 AM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

Added new photos:

Edited by drtrmiller, April 1 2017 - 8:07 PM.

#36 Offline agold2009 - Posted December 5 2016 - 10:57 PM

agold2009

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Are customers that didn't purchase within that timeframe eligible? I've purchased fluon, sunburst and the feeding kit but a few months back

#37 Offline Canadian anter - Posted December 6 2016 - 5:55 PM

Canadian anter

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts
  • LocationToronto,Canada
no Canada? :*(
Visit us at www.canada-ant-colony.com !

#38 Offline panda0224 - Posted April 1 2017 - 8:06 PM

panda0224

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

are those still available? :)

#39 Offline brian - Posted April 15 2017 - 1:46 AM

brian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationNorth West Indiana

I should have gotten into this hobby months ago. i ordered the GALILEO Liquid Ant Feeder Feeding Kit and the 250 ml Formicarium Ant Assistant Keeping Fluid for Test Tube Reservoirs, Hydration, & Drinking. I could have gotten something relay cool for free. Got to keep an eye out for something like this in the future.

• Martialis likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users