Rules for Posting in the Classifieds Section
Members must accurately represent their location in their Member Profile to participate in offers to buy, sell, trade, or otherwise distribute living ants of any caste or life stage. For members located in the United States, offers of live ants are only permitted between members who reside in the same U.S. state. Cross-border offers are not permitted between any members (participating members must reside in the same country or trading zone).
“Offer” is defined as any advertisement, thread, post, chat message, private message, or other transmission that occurs on Formiculture.com, including links to third-party sites or messaging systems where offers may potentially occur, with the intent of buying, selling, trading, or otherwise distributing ants from one place to another.
Offers involving Solenopsis geminata, Solenopsis invicta, Solenopsis richteri, and Solenopsis saevissima are not allowed if either person is in California.
If you are selling your post should contain:
- Your location (in the thread and in the title)
- Whether you are willing to ship - if it is live insects, include the shipping rules for your area
- A price
If you are looking to buy your post should contain:
- What you are looking for
- Your location
- Whether you are willing to pay for shipping
Once your item is sold, please change your title heading so people know it is sold.
Add the word "SOLD" to the front of your title heading and in your thread so people know it is sold.
Hints for selling things faster:
- Take a picture! (Then learn to post a picture! Photobucket and other sites are good.) A bad photo can still beat the best description.
- Describe all advantages of the item (clearer glass, very active colony, highly absorbent...)
- Be reasonable with your asking price
- If offering several items, be sure to edit your original post to say what is still available, and what is not.
We are all here to enjoy the hobby, so let's keep it honest and friendly.
Edited by dspdrew, November 2 2017 - 7:15 PM.