• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Help Us Develop a New Product (FREE SAMPLE!)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

#1 Offline drtrmiller - Posted August 16 2015 - 11:30 PM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

uc?export=view&id=0B4O2xPb2dcB_eFYxYno4Y

byFormica is introducing a new and exciting product that combines the highest quality medical-grade ingredients and scientific ant diet research for use by the average hobbyist antkeeper.

Please help us bring this product to market by answering a few questions in the survey below, where eligible users will be selected to receive a free, full size product!

Please visit https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LGRY8BM to complete the survey and claim your free product!

Edited by drtrmiller, August 17 2015 - 12:43 AM.

byFormica® is the manufacturer of the iconic nectar feeders and Sunburst Ant Nectar.
byFormica ant products always deliver consistent performance, convenience,
and reliability, making them among the most beloved ant foods and kit enjoyed by
ant keeping enthusiasts worldwide. For more information, visit www.byFormica.com.

#2 Offline drtrmiller - Posted August 17 2015 - 12:00 AM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts
Survey FAQ:

Q: For how long will the survey remain open?
A: The survey will close on September 1, 2015

Q: What is the purpose of the survey?
A: A market pilot for this product will cost us several hundred dollars for about 20 units. The actual product will cost even more than that in materials if it is well received and goes on to production.

We want to:
  • Briefly educate and inform the public about the scientific basis for such a product
  • Ascertain commercial viability of such a product
  • Identify objections to such a product, if any
  • Determine the best price point and appearance for the product
  • Invite qualified antkeepers to help us test and evaluate the product

Edited by drtrmiller, August 17 2015 - 4:51 AM.

byFormica® is the manufacturer of the iconic nectar feeders and Sunburst Ant Nectar.
and reliability, making them among the most beloved ant foods and kit enjoyed by
ant keeping enthusiasts worldwide. For more information, visit www.byFormica.com.

#3 Offline Lamarr - Posted August 17 2015 - 4:32 AM

Lamarr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, Alabama

Very interesting survey. It definitely did help me look at that product in a different way.

#4 Offline drtrmiller - Posted August 17 2015 - 4:36 AM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts
Haha is that a good or bad thing? I'm not sure what you mean.

#5 Offline William. T - Posted August 17 2015 - 4:37 AM

William. T

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • LocationWestern Maryland

Interesting. I like the idea of something to get some of finicky ants to eat.  

Species I keep:

1 Lasius cf. Neoniger 30 workers

1 Camponotus sp. 15 workers

20 Tetramorium SpE 30 workers

1 T. Sessile 200 workers

#6 Offline Lamarr - Posted August 17 2015 - 4:47 AM

Lamarr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, Alabama

Haha is that a good or bad thing? I'm not sure what you mean.

It was mostly positive.

#7 Offline AntsNY - Posted August 17 2015 - 11:57 AM

AntsNY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

I would love to try this with my 5 Lasius claviger colonys.

I know they are super hard to keep but I am trying with boosts of workers and pupae which they have accepted.

That boost is what is feeding them..

I took the survey :). Great idea.

#8 Offline klawfran3 - Posted August 17 2015 - 12:20 PM

klawfran3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

This is a very interesting concept and I totally want to try this with my pogonomyrmex californicus colony (and see how much faster they can develop as the species isn't the fastest grower) and a camponotus queen I have, as she has been very "antsy" (excuse the pun) and having trouble settling down for the past week. She has rejected offers of honey and sugar water which have calmed down my queens before.

Took the survey, really neat concept for a product!

This message brought to you by the Committee for the Education of Folks who Describe Arthropod Taxa as 'Not Interesting' (CEFDATNI)

#9 Offline drtrmiller - Posted August 18 2015 - 5:14 PM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

I'd like to thank everyone who has taken the time to complete the byFormica survey so far!

The market research is very promising for being able to bring such a unique and literally one-of-a-kind ant food product to market.  No other company in the world has ever made a product like this.

I'll be sharing any interesting findings after the completion of the survey.

Until then, could you help by sharing this survey link on Facebook or other forums/groups, where allowed?  Use the following share link—please do not use other links: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/CY85QW8

Formicultists who have not yet completed the survey, but want to do so and possibly receive a free sample, use the link in the first post of this thread.

#10 Offline PTAntFan - Posted August 18 2015 - 5:20 PM

PTAntFan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • LocationBurbank, CA

I'm in!

PTAntFan----------------------------------Pogonomyrmex Californicus*****************************<p>I use the $3 Tower I made up. See it here.

#11 Offline eavaef - Posted August 20 2015 - 4:21 AM

eavaef

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Locationwinchester,Va

Filled out and completed !

#12 Offline drtrmiller - Posted August 26 2015 - 5:41 PM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

We'll be preparing samples probably sometime next week.

Reminder:

Please visit https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LGRY8BM by September 1 to complete the survey and claim your free product!

#13 Offline Tpro4 - Posted August 26 2015 - 7:06 PM

Tpro4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationNorth Hills, CA
Did i win one? You should send me one on September 1st cause it's my birthday

Edited by Tpro4, August 28 2015 - 4:39 PM.

Remember Dragon Warrior, anything is possible when you have inner peace. - Master Shifu

Current Queens:
1 Unknown Pogomyemex
1 Solenopsis Xyloni

#14 Offline zkublin - Posted September 11 2015 - 8:08 AM

zkublin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

We'll be preparing samples probably sometime next week.

Reminder:

Please visit https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LGRY8BM by September 1 to complete the survey and claim your free product!

drtrmiller- I filled out your survey and was told I was going to get a free sample but I forgot what the exact instructions were to redeem my sample.  Can you let me know what I need to do to redeem it?  Thanks!

#15 Offline drtrmiller - Posted September 11 2015 - 6:21 PM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

The last components to make the pilot batch of product are in transit, so samples will be available on Amazon soon.

drtrmiller- I filled out your survey and was told I was going to get a free sample but I forgot what the exact instructions were to redeem my sample.  Can you let me know what I need to do to redeem it?  Thanks!

Emails will be sent to several eligible survey respondents when the product is available on Amazon.com.

I will make an announcement here and on byFormica.com when coupon codes are emailed to eligible users.  That is the extent of status updates I can provide for this, since free samples are not actual orders.

#16 Offline Tpro4 - Posted September 12 2015 - 11:40 AM

Tpro4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

So you're saying that if we don't receive an email we don't get a free sample?

Remember Dragon Warrior, anything is possible when you have inner peace. - Master Shifu

Current Queens:
1 Unknown Pogomyemex
1 Solenopsis Xyloni

#17 Offline drtrmiller - Posted September 12 2015 - 11:46 AM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

Emails will be sent to several eligible survey respondents when the product is available on Amazon.com.

I will make an announcement here and on byFormica.com when coupon codes are emailed to eligible users.  That is the extent of status updates I can provide for this, since free samples are not actual orders.

#18 Offline drtrmiller - Posted September 17 2015 - 1:41 AM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

I had intended to be finished with this by September 15; however, the product will require additional R&D, and so it is delayed.

Updates will be posted here when they are available.

#19 Offline Tpro4 - Posted September 17 2015 - 1:24 PM

Tpro4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
meaning you haven't sent emails out yet?

Current Queens:
1 Unknown Pogomyemex
1 Solenopsis Xyloni

#20 Offline john.harrold - Posted September 17 2015 - 3:37 PM

john.harrold

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationCastro Valley, Ca

I'm guessing that since the emails won't be sent out until they are available at Amazon, he hasn't actually finished creating the product (so it cannot be at Amazon yet), then the emails probably haven't been sent out yet. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users