1. Location of collection: Landers, California.
2. Date of collection: 7-21-2015.
3. Habitat of collection: High Desert.
4. Length (from head to gaster): 12mm
5. Color, hue, pattern and texture: Red head; red thorax and redish-brown gaster.
I dug this Myrmecocystus cf. romainei queen up from its founding chamber on 7-21-2015, in Landers, California. The area was still very wet from all the rain two days before.
This has been put into one of my small antfarm/dirt boxes, where she quickly dug herself a nest.