• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

AntsAreUs's Tetramorium immigrans Journal

tetramorium tetramorium sp. tetramorium immigrans

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Offline Iddizy - Posted November 18 2018 - 9:23 PM

Iddizy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Update?

#22 Offline Kaelwizard - Posted November 21 2018 - 6:59 AM

Kaelwizard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts
  • LocationPoway, California

I am going to get these next year!

#23 Offline ANTdrew - Posted November 21 2018 - 8:35 AM

ANTdrew

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,400 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

I am going to get these next year!

I definitely recommend trying to find some of these gals. Such a fun species to watch! Just the other day, a big mosquito thing flew in my colony’s tank, and a while later I found they had dragged it down and were in the process of killing it. The whole fly was gone within the hour!
I guarantee you’ll find queens if you get outside before 7am between Fathers’ Day and July 4th. Rain doesn’t have much to do with their flights. They just like it hot and humid.
"The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer." Prov. 30:25
Keep ordinary ants in extraordinary ways.

#24 Offline Kaelwizard - Posted November 22 2018 - 6:30 AM

Kaelwizard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts
  • LocationPoway, California
They often look for nests in the late afternoon. I found a dealate queen after 5:00 pm.

Edited by Kaelwizard, June 26 2019 - 6:56 AM.

#25 Offline ANTdrew - Posted November 22 2018 - 8:05 AM

ANTdrew

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,400 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

They often look for nests in the late afternoon. I found a dealate queen after 5:00 am.

True! I found one around 8:00pm this summer while taking out dirty diapers. I was past my quota, so I let her be.
"The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer." Prov. 30:25
Keep ordinary ants in extraordinary ways.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tetramorium, tetramorium sp., tetramorium immigrans

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users