• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Ant Q & A site

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Telarian - Posted July 14 2015 - 8:13 AM

Telarian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationWestminster, CO, US

Hello Formiculture devotees.

I've spent the last few months getting deeply into ant keeping. This whole process has made me long for a stack exchange style Q&A site. So, I proposed one.

http://area51.stacke...SSoM__yBBhYtaA2

If you've ever used stackoverflow or anything like it, I think you'll know why this will be beneficial. It's pretty awesome when there is a great source of Q&A for a subject. The stackexchange system has proven to be really excellent at this sort of thing. The ant forums that exist are amazing, but a good Q&A engine makes things much easier for the average user, stops the experts from having to answer the same dozen questions a million times over, and builds a somewhat definitive store of knowledge that can easily be accessed. There will always be a place for conversation, but I think there is also a place for a good Q&A engine.

So, I'm hoping this will take off. I thought it might interest all of you, and anything you can do to participate and promote it, will just make it that much more successful.

The participation of the members of this community will be vital to the success of this endeavor. I hope you will join me at the link above and "follow" my proposal in order to support it.

It's completely a "for the people, by the people" sort of thing, so I need to get people involved as much as I can.

Thanks,

Tory

Edited by Telarian, July 14 2015 - 9:36 AM.

• Jonathan21700 and Herdo like this

#2 Offline drtrmiller - Posted July 14 2015 - 8:16 AM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

Somewhat related, I am actually considering programming a chat bot with antkeeping questions so users can ask a bot and get relevant information.

http://www.chatbot4u.com/en

If you or anyone would like to help with that project, which simply involves organizing keyword lists and such, give me a shout out.

• Jonathan21700 and LC3 like this

byFormica® is the manufacturer of the iconic nectar feeders and Sunburst Ant Nectar.
byFormica ant products always deliver consistent performance, convenience,
and reliability, making them among the most beloved ant foods and kit enjoyed by
ant keeping enthusiasts worldwide. For more information, visit www.byFormica.com.

#3 Offline Telarian - Posted July 15 2015 - 7:30 AM

Telarian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Excellent. I would be happy to help if I can. Perhaps we can help each other.

Message me with some information about how I can help.

#4 Offline Telarian - Posted July 15 2015 - 9:32 AM

Telarian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

By the way drtmiller, would you mind if I posted an invitation to participate in your facebook group?

#5 Offline Telarian - Posted July 15 2015 - 11:28 AM

Telarian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

I have a feeling I'm not getting much exposure here in the appropriate subforum.  :(

#6 Offline Telarian - Posted July 19 2015 - 12:10 PM

Telarian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Thank you for moving this. Whoever moved this...  :D

Edited by Telarian, July 19 2015 - 12:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users