• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use, and contain no ads for members. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Discuss: Sunburst Ant Nectar

122 replies to this topic

#121 Offline drtrmiller - Posted July 26 2019 - 1:50 AM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

OFFER ENDED

Try Sunburst Ant Nectar, Summer Honeysuckle today, and get a FREE 4-pack of Mini Liquid Feeders with your purchase!

No coupon code required.  There is no need to add the liquid feeders to your cart on Amazon.  We will send a FREE 4-pack of Mini Liquid Feeders to everyone who purchases an 8 oz. bottle of Sunburst on Amazon.com through July 27 at 11:59 PM, PST.

OFFER ENDED

Edited by drtrmiller, July 27 2019 - 9:03 PM.

• Serafine likes this

#122 Offline Theantguy14 - Posted July 26 2019 - 6:34 PM

Theantguy14

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationMoreno valley california

I just purchased some a couple hours ago, as well as linked this to the discord server. I am excited to try out the new blend and the liquid feeders as this will be my first time using them.

Keep up the good work!

Currently keeping:
Loads of founding queens
Proud owner of a 30 worker C. Fragilis colony, 2 Siberian huskies, 3 cats, 2 fire belly toads, 1 western toad, 1 western fence lizard, 1 Side Blotched Lizard, 1 A. Seemanni tarantula, and a variety of feeders and a couple random inverts.

Check out my youtube!
https://youtube.com/...shHP2FhJwAbzunA

Have a great day!

#123 Offline drtrmiller - Posted August 14 2019 - 12:24 PM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Natural Color Issues:

Although I have not received any customer reports, I have observed that the natural annatto color we switched to recently has some stability issues.  In some cases, the color will fade, and in other batches, the color becomes too strong.

No other quality metric that I've tested has changed, and so please be advised that changes in color are not an indication that the product has deteriorated in quality, except for the natural colors.  I'm actively investigating the issue and will post an update as appropriate.

Time for a quick FAQ:

Sunburst is watery.  I expected it to be thicker?

The watery consistency of Sunburst Ant Nectar is expected.

Thicker sugar solutions are less attractive to ants, possibly because thicker substances require more effort by the ant to consume the fluid, or create water imbalances inside the small ants.  As such, the sugar to water ratio is meticulously formulated to create a product that is extremely attractive to a large number of ant species and is easy to consume.  Ants consuming Sunburst will recruit more workers, consume more fluid, and become more "bloated" in appearance compared to ants fed a thicker syrup.

As Sunburst evaporates into a thicker syrup, the ants will be less receptive to it.  If using a byFormica liquid feeder, users may go a number of days or weeks between refills.  When the thicker evaporated syrup is replaced with fresh, watery Sunburst, the ants will be strongly receptive to it again.

What does Sunburst smell like?  How do I know if it has "gone off" based on smell?

Sunburst Original Formula should have little or no detectable odor.

Sunburst Summer Honeysuckle may smell slightly sweet or fruity, with light notes of caramel or maple syrup.

It is not possible to determine whether the Sunburst has "gone off" based on smell.  If your Sunburst shows sign of precipitate, meaning it is cloudy in appearance rather than crystal clear yellow/orange, this is an indication that the product has been exposed to air for an extended period of time, and the product should be replaced.  Contact Us for a replacement, but DO NOT discard the defective product.

If you have questions about the quality of the Sunburst product you are using, please Contact Us.

Edited by drtrmiller, August 14 2019 - 8:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users