• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Discussion - byFormica Sunburst Ant Nectar

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#41 Offline Gregory2455 - Posted September 24 2015 - 1:31 AM

Gregory2455

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,286 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Will be available next week. Update to be posted here at that time.

Yay!!! :yahoo:

#42 Offline drtrmiller - Posted September 25 2015 - 9:15 PM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

Sunburst is now available again in the US.

NEW larger economy size option with free shipping for all US customers—huge overfilled 240 ml container!

Visit the Sunburst Page on Amazon to Buy Now.

Sunburst is also be available in the UK and all of Europe Amazon marketplaces

ant_icon_2.png Buy Sunburst Ant Nectar: flag_american_icon.jpg Amazon.com | item_icon_uk_flag.gif Amazon.co.uk | flag_de.png Amazon.de | Flag_of_France_W22H13px.png Amazon.fr | Flag_of_Spain_W22H13px.png Amazon.es | Flag_of_Italy_W22H13px.png Amazon.it

Edited by drtrmiller, February 22 2017 - 3:20 AM.

#43 Offline drtrmiller - Posted January 17 2016 - 11:57 PM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

Helpful Tips:

Sunburst Ant Nectar should be somewhat yellow in color.  Settling of some ingredients may occur on the bottom of a container that has not been used for several days.  Shake well before using.

Any bottles that develop a black mold or similar growth, while not harmful to the ants, should be reported via email to [support at byformica.com], so they may be replaced at no charge.

Sunburst Ant Nectar continues to be one of the most loved products in feeding ants, and I look forward to sharing it with more people in more places in the coming year.

byFormica® is the manufacturer of the iconic nectar feeders and Sunburst Ant Nectar.
byFormica ant products always deliver consistent performance, convenience,
and reliability, making them among the most beloved ant foods and kit enjoyed by
ant keeping enthusiasts worldwide. For more information, visit www.byFormica.com.

#44 Offline Sisyphe - Posted January 23 2016 - 9:51 AM

Sisyphe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Hi!

I'm a French myrmecologist and I'm very interested in this special formula. I'd like to test it on my species (10 European species, and several exotic ones). Unfortunately, Amazon.com won't let me buy it, and it does not exist on Amazon.co.uk or Amazon.fr...

Is there any way to get my hands on this product?

My colonies:

European species: Lasius niger (1 colony and dozens of fundations), Lasius emarginatus (foundation), Lasius flavius (foundation), Messor barbarus (foundation), Messor capitatus (colony), Messor minor hesperius (colony), Pheidole pallidula (colony), Camponotus cruentatus (colony), Camponotus barbaricus (colony), Camponotus ligniperdus (foundation), Formica lemani (foundation), Formica cinerea (foundation)

Asian species: Pheidole noda (mature colony), Camponotus nicobarensis (colony), Polyrachis dives (foundation)

South American species: Acromyrmex echinatior (huge colony)

#45 Offline drtrmiller - Posted January 23 2016 - 12:47 PM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

Is there any way to get my hands on this product?

I'll be shipping a large number to some European countries as early as next week, and will post a note here when they're available for sale in your area.

• Sisyphe likes this

byFormica® is the manufacturer of the iconic nectar feeders and Sunburst Ant Nectar.
and reliability, making them among the most beloved ant foods and kit enjoyed by
ant keeping enthusiasts worldwide. For more information, visit www.byFormica.com.

#46 Offline drtrmiller - Posted February 1 2016 - 7:00 AM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

Promotion ended.

Edited by drtrmiller, February 22 2017 - 3:21 AM.

• Sisyphe likes this

#47 Offline drtrmiller - Posted February 22 2017 - 3:26 AM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

Sunburst Ant Nectar - A premium liquid food for ants, new and improved for 2017!  Sold exclusively on Amazon in the US, UK, and EU sites and eligible for Prime shipping.

ant_icon_2.png Buy Sunburst Ant Nectar: flag_american_icon.jpg Amazon.com | item_icon_uk_flag.gif Amazon.co.uk | flag_de.png Amazon.de | Flag_of_France_W22H13px.png Amazon.fr | Flag_of_Spain_W22H13px.png Amazon.es | Flag_of_Italy_W22H13px.png Amazon.it

Special thanks to RobJ for the quick look video review:

#48 Offline Leo - Posted February 22 2017 - 4:13 AM

Leo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

nice, but my mom said it was erm expensive for our country  :(

#49 Offline Serafine - Posted April 1 2017 - 12:53 PM

Serafine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,782 posts
  • LocationGermany

My ants have finally found the Sunburst and I think they liked it. They pretty much emptied the small feeder. But it's hard to tell exactly since the colony is still so small (and so inactive) that they barely require any sugar.

• drtrmiller likes this

We should respect all forms of consciousness. The body is just a vessel, a mere hull.

Welcome to Lazy Tube - My Camponotus Journal

#50 Offline Antking117 - Posted April 1 2017 - 8:35 PM

Antking117

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • LocationOmaha, Nebraska, USA

How much is it for you? IF you don't mind me asking!

#51 Offline drtrmiller - Posted April 1 2017 - 9:09 PM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

Sunburst Ant Nectar doesn't currently ship to Hong Kong by itself.  However, it is currently available in a bundle with an 8 pack of liquid feeders plus a 120 ml bottle of Sunburst for $35.00 + $5.99 Shipping & Import Fees Deposit to Hong Kong.

This HK$318 is roughly equivalent to 2 bottles of red wine, or a short visit to the doctor.  So yes, I can see that it is somewhat expensive over there.

Source: https://www.expatist...iving/hong-kong

Edited by drtrmiller, April 1 2017 - 9:10 PM.

#52 Offline Antking117 - Posted April 1 2017 - 9:15 PM

Antking117

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • LocationOmaha, Nebraska, USA

Sunburst Ant Nectar doesn't currently ship to Hong Kong by itself.  However, it is currently available in a bundle with an 8 pack of liquid feeders plus a 120 ml bottle of Sunburst for $35.00 + $5.99 Shipping & Import Fees Deposit to Hong Kong.

This HK$318 is roughly equivalent to 2 bottles of red wine, or a short visit to the doctor.  So yes, I can see that it is somewhat expensive over there.

Source: https://www.expatist...iving/hong-kong

Aha, well maybe ill buy it for him on friday :) (if i can figure out how)

Edited by antking117, April 1 2017 - 9:15 PM.

• ctantkeeper likes this

#53 Offline Ozz - Posted May 14 2017 - 6:43 PM

Ozz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Tried on 5 different species. Only 1 liked it.

#54 Offline drtrmiller - Posted May 14 2017 - 7:39 PM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts
Over the past two years, I don't think I've ever heard of an experience quite like that. I'll be in touch to get some additional information from you so we can figure this out.

Edited by drtrmiller, May 15 2017 - 2:28 AM.

#55 Offline sgheaton - Posted May 15 2017 - 5:28 AM

sgheaton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

While I continue to give it to my tetramoriums, they don't seem to interested. I have never had them empty a container. I do not see them on the units ever. They seem more interested in chicken from my pizza. 

"I'm the search bar! Type questions into me and I'll search within the forums for an answer!"

#56 Offline Kevin - Posted May 15 2017 - 5:51 AM

Kevin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 833 posts
  • LocationSouth Jersey

While I continue to give it to my tetramoriums, they don't seem to interested. I have never had them empty a container. I do not see them on the units ever. They seem more interested in chicken from my pizza. 

I find my Tetramorium don't drink much sucrose at all in general, and their diet is mainly protein. Very small ants and giant brood piles, makes sense I guess. Whenever I decide to feed my Tetramorium they do drink it, but they can never finish much nectar of any type at all.

Hit "Like This" if it helped.

#57 Offline sgheaton - Posted May 15 2017 - 6:26 AM

sgheaton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

I haven't found a "liquid sucrose" that they've enjoyed yet. Maple syrup, honey, sunburst, ..I haven't tried literal sugar water or anything yet. The ones I have in the tank inside don't seem too interested in sunflower seeds --- when I've got a colony outside movin' nothing but sunflower seeds. Are they eating them? I don't know...

"I'm the search bar! Type questions into me and I'll search within the forums for an answer!"

#58 Offline noebl1 - Posted May 15 2017 - 6:27 AM

noebl1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
  • LocationNorthern Massachusetts

I find my Tetramorium seem to take Sunburst nectar, but I started them out on that.  Since they are still in a test tube connected to a test tube portal, I keep a piece of cotton in there that I drip it into so they don't drown.   FWIW, mine also really like cooked chicken for protein, as well as cooked hamburger.

#59 Offline Loops117 - Posted May 15 2017 - 6:37 AM

Loops117

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • LocationSouth Lyon, Michigan

I find my Tetramorium don't drink much sucrose at all in general, and their diet is mainly protein. Very small ants and giant brood piles, makes sense I guess. Whenever I decide to feed my Tetramorium they do drink it, but they can never finish much nectar of any type at all.

Same exact situation for me as well. I've never seen my tets take any sucrose.

#60 Offline sgheaton - Posted May 15 2017 - 6:42 AM

sgheaton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

I don't think it's anything against the solution - just an observation I've made on the only species of ant I currently have. I've THOUGHT ABOUT pulling a loops and go out and feed the natural colonies around my yard to see if they liked it.....but those outside colonies already have a nice set up in my garden. They don't need MORE incitement to set up camp. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users