- Bottled liquid sugar ant food. Convenient and reliable alternative to homemade sugar and honey water mixtures.
- 100% clean, natural ingredients with no preservatives added - enjoyed by all sweet-loving ants
- In addition to sugar, Sunburst supplies the perfect balance of electrolytes to stimulate appetite and promote natural feeding response
- Bottled product remains fresh 3 to 6 months after opening, and no refrigeration is required
- Does not contain protein. Feed alongside insects and a variety of other natural foods for a nutritionally complete diet.
Sunburst Ant Nectar is the convenient, reliable sugar water alternative that ants love! Ant species that crave sweet foods will readily drink Sunburst Ant Nectar. Our advanced formula consists of a ready-to-use liquid, and works best with byFormica Liquid Feeders designed for ants (sold separately).
What is the shelf life of Sunburst?
The shelf life of the unopened product is 2 years from the date of manufacture, and is printed on the bottle label as a “BEST BY” date. Once the bottle has been opened and used regularly, small bottles will stay fresh for about 3 months, while larger bottles will stay fresh for up to 6 months. Exposure to air is the primary means by which the product deteriorates. Keep the product tightly closed at all times to limit exposure to air. We recommend purchasing the smallest size bottle you can comfortably use within this time frame.
What size bottle should I choose?
While everyone will use the product differently, the following table may offer some general guidelines as to the use-capacity* of each bottle size.
- To observe vigorous feeding activity, offer as much as your ants can consume within a few hours, every 2 to 3 days.
- When using SUNBURST™, do not use other sweetened foods such as sugar water, honey, or other sweet foods. SUNBURST™ provides all the nutrition of these sweets and more.
- Allowing ants constant access to Sunburst or other sugary foods will keep them full of food, and you may observe less vigorous feeding activity over time.
For small colonies, dispense 0.5 to 1 ml (10 to 20 drops) into a byFormica Micro Liquid Feeder. Larger colonies may require as much as 4 ml (100 drops) dispensed into a byFormica Mini Liquid Feeder. Smaller amounts will evaporate more quickly in the liquid feeder or serving tray. Outside the bottle, the liquid will evaporate into a syrup over time, which the ants do not prefer. At a minimum, remove and replace uneaten liquid every 3 to 5 days.
Click Here to Buy Sunburst Ant Nectar
Edited by drtrmiller, July 28 2019 - 12:10 AM.