• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Discuss: Mercury Liquid Feeder V2 (Free Upgrade)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Offline drtrmiller - Posted May 19 2015 - 3:09 AM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

A major version successor to the Mercury Liquid Feeder is in progress.  

The new version features the following:

• Larger base provides enhanced stability over the original Mercury liquid feeder
  • Mesh grid is tilted at an angle, making it easier to observe the ants as they feed
  • A platform underneath the mesh allows small amounts of liquid to be contained, should minor leaking occur
  • Higher off the ground, to further accomplish the goal of discouraging ants from placing debris on the feeder
  • NOT compatible with the current GroTube XL foraging area (upcoming foraging upgrade required)

As is byFormica policy, users who purchased the Mercury Liquid Feeder as a standalone item will receive a complimentary upgrade, including shipping costs.  No action is required to receive the free upgrade.  Because the feeders utilize the same test tube reservoirs, only the bases will be included in the upgrade.  All free upgrades will definitely ship this week.

When more information is available on the byFormica website, this topic will change to a discussion thread for the NEW byFormica Mercury Liquid Feeder.  Consider the original Mercury Liquid Feeder discontinued.

Edited by drtrmiller, June 1 2015 - 8:18 AM.

byFormica® is the manufacturer of the iconic nectar feeders and Sunburst Ant Nectar.
byFormica ant products always deliver consistent performance, convenience,
and reliability, making them among the most beloved ant foods and kit enjoyed by
ant keeping enthusiasts worldwide. For more information, visit www.byFormica.com.

#2 Offline BugFinder - Posted May 19 2015 - 7:49 PM

BugFinder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • LocationSunnyvale, CA

It's very cool that you would do that automatic update.  Very cool.  That must be destroying any margin you had hoped to make on those original feeders, but hopefully will pay dividends to your business in the future.

“If an ant carries an object a hundred times its weight, you can carry burdens many times your size.”  ― Matshona Dhliwayo

My Journals:

Pogonomyrmex subdentatus

Camponotus Vicinus

Camponotus sansabeanus

Tetramorium (sp)

Pogonomyrmex Californicus

My Ant Goals!

#3 Offline drtrmiller - Posted May 19 2015 - 8:02 PM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

Thank you for your compliments.

Seeing how the original only launched in March of this year, and this is its direct successor, I would hate to be a customer of a company that made products obsolete that quickly.

Everything I do is to support the people who have supported me by buying my products.  Profitability is among the least of my business goals, right now.

I've clarified byFormica's upgrade policy here, and have also included it in the left sidebar for more prominent placement:

http://byformica.com/Upgrade_Policy

Edited by drtrmiller, May 19 2015 - 9:54 PM.

• BugFinder likes this

byFormica® is the manufacturer of the iconic nectar feeders and Sunburst Ant Nectar.
byFormica ant products always deliver consistent performance, convenience,
and reliability, making them among the most beloved ant foods and kit enjoyed by
ant keeping enthusiasts worldwide. For more information, visit www.byFormica.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users