• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Changes to the Market Place subforum

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Offline dspdrew - Posted May 14 2015 - 6:56 PM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

It has been the plan for some time now, to expand the Market Place subforum (now section), to include subforums for any vendors who wish to be listed. This option is available to everyone. ByFormica is the first vendor to take advantage of this. In addition to that, what byFormica has decided to do on their own website, is use their subforum as a means for discussion through iframes and other coding. Anyone can do it if they know how.

It was also suggested a while back that vendors have some sort of label indicating affiliation or bias, as is done on a lot of other forums. We decided that would be a good idea, but just haven't decided exactly how yet. The way this will work, is anyone who claims to be a vendor in order to have their own subforum instead of just a simple thread in the "General Market Place" subforum, will be required to be labelled as such. I think this will keep vendor subforums limited to real vendors, or at least people who will be acting as as a vendor for all intents and purposes. This does not mean that just because a vendor does not have a subforum they won't be labelled as a vendor, this is more of a control on vendor subforums.

If anyone has any questions, ideas or suggestions about this, post them here.

#2 Offline BugFinder - Posted May 14 2015 - 8:10 PM

BugFinder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • LocationSunnyvale, CA

How do you define a vendor?

“If an ant carries an object a hundred times its weight, you can carry burdens many times your size.”  ― Matshona Dhliwayo

My Journals:

Pogonomyrmex subdentatus

Camponotus Vicinus

Camponotus sansabeanus

Tetramorium (sp)

Pogonomyrmex Californicus

My Ant Goals!

#3 Offline drtrmiller - Posted May 14 2015 - 8:16 PM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

How do you define a vendor?

There will probably be a question to that, but here is my proposed definition:

Vendor:

Any Formiculture user who operates a business or other venture that historically engages in selling a product or service in a substantial, non-trivial manner, and who primarily targets antkeepers and/or myrmecologists.

Edited by drtrmiller, May 14 2015 - 9:46 PM.

byFormica® is the manufacturer of the iconic nectar feeders and Sunburst Ant Nectar.
byFormica ant products always deliver consistent performance, convenience,
and reliability, making them among the most beloved ant foods and kit enjoyed by
ant keeping enthusiasts worldwide. For more information, visit www.byFormica.com.

#4 Offline BugFinder - Posted May 14 2015 - 8:39 PM

BugFinder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • LocationSunnyvale, CA

Maybe that definition should be restricted to people who sell products or services to ant hobbyists, or members of formiculture.com, because I do not sell anything to ant hobbyists or members of formiculture.com, but I do sell products and services, so as that definition reads, I too would be a vendor.

“If an ant carries an object a hundred times its weight, you can carry burdens many times your size.”  ― Matshona Dhliwayo

My Journals:

Pogonomyrmex subdentatus

Camponotus Vicinus

Camponotus sansabeanus

Tetramorium (sp)

Pogonomyrmex Californicus

My Ant Goals!

#5 Offline dspdrew - Posted May 14 2015 - 8:44 PM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

Well it would obviously be someone who sells products that would be of interest to the people in this community.

• BugFinder likes this

#6 Offline drtrmiller - Posted May 14 2015 - 9:45 PM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

Maybe that definition should be restricted to people who sell products or services to ant hobbyists, or members of formiculture.com, because I do not sell anything to ant hobbyists or members of formiculture.com, but I do sell products and services, so as that definition reads, I too would be a vendor.

You're right. I changed it.

• BugFinder likes this

byFormica® is the manufacturer of the iconic nectar feeders and Sunburst Ant Nectar.
byFormica ant products always deliver consistent performance, convenience,
and reliability, making them among the most beloved ant foods and kit enjoyed by
ant keeping enthusiasts worldwide. For more information, visit www.byFormica.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users