• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Canadian Ants (GTA & Ontario)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Offline FormiCanada - Posted August 21 2019 - 7:25 AM

FormiCanada

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Based out of Hamilton, Ontario, Formicanada has been around officially since 2010, however our roots in this hobby scale back into the mid 1990's. Queens that we collect are ethically sourced with no damage to the environment and are 100% guaranteed fertile and viable. We offer a wide range of genera including:

- Aphaenogaster (Currently Available)

- Brachymyrmex (Currently Available)

- Camponotus (Currently Available)

- Crematogaster (Currently Available)

- Formica (Currently Available)

- Lasius (Currently Available)

- Myrmica (Not Currently Available)

- Ponera (Not Currently Available)

- Solenopsis (Currently Available)

- Stigmatomma(Not Currently Available)

- Temnothorax (Not Currently Available)

- Tetramorium (Currently Available)

These ants are collected and seasonally available, with an arrive alive on delivery guarantee. A warranty is also in effect for 1 month after the ants arrive to ensure proper health and success. Shipping is quoted via Canada Post and 2-3 options are available to the customer to add to the bill. We do not recommend shipping ants over 3 day shipping! 

Photo upload wasn't possible so there is a link here with photos:

https://www.kijiji.c...adId=1392098449

Kindest wishes,

Vasile, Maarten, Bjorn, Jessica

#2 Offline AntsDakota - Posted August 21 2019 - 12:34 PM

AntsDakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, South Dakota

are 100% guaranteed fertile and viable.

How do you know this? Are all queens mating at the time of capture, or are all sold with their biological workers?

"God made..... all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. (including ants) And God saw that it was good. Genesis 1:25 NIV version

#3 Offline rbarreto - Posted August 21 2019 - 1:12 PM

rbarreto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • LocationOttawa, On

How do you know this? Are all queens mating at the time of capture, or are all sold with their biological workers?
Technically all queens fertile. Whether they have mated or not is a different story

My journal featuring most of my ants.

My other journal featuring Formica Bradleyi.

Check our my store here!

#4 Offline PacificNorthWestern - Posted August 21 2019 - 1:19 PM

PacificNorthWestern

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationVancouver, Washington

either they have workers or have pupae that look like workers

#5 Offline FormiCanada - Posted September 10 2019 - 6:08 AM

FormiCanada

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

One can pinpoint the correlation of certain behavioural and physical trends towards the foundress queens' activities. Certain things like the state of emaciation, egg dispersal, parasitic infection --- these are all characteristics of a queen that will not be sold. I view them regularly at different intervals and compare with other queens caught at the same time, both under a microscope as well as with the naked eye. I've had a 100% success rate with the queens that I've labeled on my tubes as fertile. Normally I sell the queens with workers, but I also know a healthy queen when I see her! I will have a paper out on it in the winter of this year so ill make a note to send you a copy! :) 

• TennesseeAnts likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users