• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

My ants love grapes and apples

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Offline Aliallaie - Posted August 25 2019 - 5:49 AM

Aliallaie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationManassas, Virginia, 20112
Hello everyone
I wanted to share something interesting. I have 2 young Camponotus chromaiodes colonies. I’ve been trying different foods with them to see what they like. I placed apples and grapes for both of my colonies. One did not care for the grapes but loved apples. They’ve been eating apples every time I give it to them. I always make sure to wash the apples well and always cut out from the inside and away from the skin just in case of pesticides. Now my other colony didn’t care for the apples but absolutely loves grapes. These are seedless green grapes. Again I make sure to wash it well and cut from the inside. It’s really interesting how each colony has a different taste. Anyone had similar experience please share. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users