• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Looking to buy preserved ant specimens.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Offline SuperFrank - Posted August 16 2019 - 11:20 AM

SuperFrank

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA
I am seeking samples of male and female alates, as well as workers, of the following species:
Camponotus pennsylvanicus
Myrmecocystus mendax
Formica obscuripes

Those are the three I am most interested in, but I also may be interested in specimens from within any of those genera. I would prefer to buy all the specimens from a single species from the same person to cut down on the hassle. I would also prefer them to be preserved in 70% ethanol or isopropanol

#2 Offline rbarreto - Posted August 16 2019 - 1:10 PM

rbarreto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • LocationOttawa, On
I've got three pennsylvanicus queens I could send you. They are still alive but 100% unmated so they're going to die anyways. I could kill and preserve them for you.

My journal featuring most of my ants.

My other journal featuring Formica Bradleyi.

Check our my store here!

#3 Offline Ferox_Formicae - Posted August 16 2019 - 1:54 PM

Ferox_Formicae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts
  • LocationProsperity, South Carolina

I have several C. pennsylvanicus workers, a few males, and a fragmented queen already pinned out if you'd like me to send them to you. I also have several members of the genus Formica and a lot more species of Camponotus, including Camponotus sexguttatus, the first record from the Florida Keys at that. I have a massive collection of pinned ants.

Edited by Ferox_Formicae, August 16 2019 - 1:56 PM.

Currently Keeping:

Camponotus chromaiodes, Camponotus nearcticus, Stigmatomma pallipesStrumigenys brevisetosaStrumigenys clypeataStrumigenys louisianaeStrumigenys membraniferaStrumigenys reflexaStrumigenys rostrata

All Strumigenys Journal

Shop

YouTube

Twitter

#4 Offline SuperFrank - Posted August 16 2019 - 8:29 PM

SuperFrank

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

I have several C. pennsylvanicus workers, a few males, and a fragmented queen already pinned out if you'd like me to send them to you. I also have several members of the genus Formica and a lot more species of Camponotus, including Camponotus sexguttatus, the first record from the Florida Keys at that. I have a massive collection of pinned ants.

I am mostly looking for species not found in Florida (Excluding C pennsylvanicus) as I am using them to submit to the FL DoA as voucher specimens so I an legally import various species. As Florida requires an additional permit with more stringent requirements then the standard APHIS 526 form.

I've got three pennsylvanicus queens I could send you. They are still alive but 100% unmated so they're going to die anyways. I could kill and preserve them for you.

I already have a C pennsylvanicus female alate, but I would be highly interested in males if you could secure them

#5 Offline ponerinecat - Posted August 16 2019 - 8:37 PM

ponerinecat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

I have stigmatomma males.  And an unidentified camponotus queen. I have some other ants, too, like stenamma and pheidole, if you're interested. They are discolored though, since they've been floating in alcohol. Not ants, but I do have some beetles, moths, and a dobsonfly female. I know it's kinda random, but I can send you some if it helps. 

#6 Offline FSTP - Posted August 16 2019 - 11:45 PM

FSTP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts
  • Location36.7378° N, 119.7871° W

I don't have a Myrmecocystus mendax, but I do have a Myrmecocystus mexicanus queen that is recently dead you can have for cost of shipping.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users