• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

North east Florida 8/10/19

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Tkmalphurs - Posted August 10 2019 - 2:09 PM

Tkmalphurs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationFlorida

.I caught her in my backyard on my pool deck today on 8/10/19. She is all black with dark brown and a green iridescence and 6 mm long. 

Does anyone know why my pictures upload inverted.

#2 Offline ponerinecat - Posted August 11 2019 - 9:59 AM

ponerinecat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Definitely an ant, but I've never heard of a florida species with a green shine.

#3 Offline Tkmalphurs - Posted August 11 2019 - 10:46 AM

Tkmalphurs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Definitely an ant, but I've never heard of a florida species with a green shine.

Maybe its my lighting and her wing was stuck to her, but I think that its Brachymyrmex obscurior after some research.

Edited by Tkmalphurs, August 11 2019 - 10:47 AM.

#4 Offline Aaron567 - Posted August 11 2019 - 2:49 PM

Aaron567

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts
  • LocationPensacola, FL

Either Brachymyrmex obscurior or patagonicus, more likely patagonicus because they're a lot more dominant in the northern part of the state.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users