• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Collecting in San Antonio Texas

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Artimusclydeperez - Posted July 24 2019 - 4:51 PM

Artimusclydeperez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hey guys my name is Art I live in San Antonio Texas and I’m wondering if there is any one local looking to go out and collect queens with me
I’m new to Texas I’m originally from Southern California and I got my first queen from Andrew and ever sense iv been hooked well if any one is interested chime in it will be nice to find like minded people interested in the hobby!

#2 Offline Artimusclydeperez - Posted July 26 2019 - 7:36 AM

Artimusclydeperez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
No one in San Antonio?

#3 Offline Manitobant - Posted July 26 2019 - 7:47 AM

Manitobant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,899 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Canada
I'm not from Texas but solenopsis invicta queens are stupidly common. They have mass flights throughout the year and I once caught 50 in one day while vacationing in Florida.

#4 Offline Artimusclydeperez - Posted July 26 2019 - 7:59 AM

Artimusclydeperez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Yeah I have seen a ton of them
There’s a lot of types of ants here I have collected 7 types just in my back yard some leptogenys, crematorgaster, 2types of Pheidole, cyphomyrmex, pachycondyla , and pseudomyrmex

I love the hobby and just moved from Cali and looking for any one els local to San Antonio who wants to go out anting haha

Edited by Artimusclydeperez, July 26 2019 - 7:59 AM.

#5 Offline Artimusclydeperez - Posted July 30 2019 - 2:39 AM

Artimusclydeperez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Bump

#6 Offline ponerinecat - Posted July 30 2019 - 10:02 AM

ponerinecat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Yeah I have seen a ton of them
There’s a lot of types of ants here I have collected 7 types just in my back yard some leptogenys, crematorgaster, 2types of Pheidole, cyphomyrmex, pachycondyla , and pseudomyrmex

I love the hobby and just moved from Cali and looking for any one els local to San Antonio who wants to go out anting haha

Would love too see a journal for the ponerines and the cyphos/pseudos.

#7 Offline GuruANTS - Posted March 23 2022 - 2:35 AM

GuruANTS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
ANYONE IN SAN ANTONIO
Near San Pedro and magnolia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users