- Changes go live AUGUST 9TH
- We are planning to have an AMA with a Senior Entomologist in the permiting dept of APHIS, Dr. Blanco on or shortly after that date (TBD) (in the discord)
- There is a new classification for pests that can be exempted from needing a permit at the federal level
- This means that once something has made the list, the states that can send and receive them need to make sure there are no state level laws against it. You still have to research if it's legal in your state.
- The only species of ant on the list is pogonomyrmex occidentalis. Currently, this includes queens, but it may be changed.
- There will be a petition process.
- To qualify, a species needs to be either
Completely and utterly benign to plant and wildlife, provable via multiple published studies. This includes exotic species imports.
Well established in every single state of the continental united states, and not a regional threat, provable via multiple published studies
Widely used in lab settings
Edited by soulsynapse, July 22 2019 - 10:08 AM.