• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Tips for raising Solenopsis molesta

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Offline DJoseph98 - Posted July 8 2019 - 6:10 PM

DJoseph98

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationCentral Kentucky

Hey does anyone have any experience caring for Solenopsis molesta? I know they have extremely small workers and from what I've found online they seem like they could be quite a problem if they ever got out in my home (though this part doesn't discourage me). What containment methods have worked for those of you who kept them and what practices are best utilized or avoided when dealing with a species like this? Thanks ahead for any advice that is shared!

Current Colonies

1 x Camponotus nearcticus (Monogynous), 1 x Crematogaster cerasi (Monogynous), 1 x Formica cf. subsericea (Polygynous Two-Queen), 1 x Formica cf. pallidefulva (Monogynous, single worker),

1 x Lasius cf. americanus (Pleometrotic Founding, now Monogynous), 1 x Tetramorium immigrans (Monogynous)

Current Founding Units

1 x Formica cf. subsericea (Monogynous)

Up-To-Date as of 9/15/2020

#2 Offline TennesseeAnts - Posted July 9 2019 - 5:04 AM

TennesseeAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,920 posts
  • LocationNashville, Tennessee
Fluon and a tight lid.

0 user(s) are reading this topic