• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Injured queen

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Unfrozen - Posted July 2 2019 - 11:34 AM

Unfrozen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Locationmississauga
I couldn't find my last test tube. Later I was walking down a sidewalk and remembered it's in my bag do I check and I have it I look down and see a tetramorium queen (first catch of this year) moving in circles. This queen has something (I presume it's a worker that attacked it) Stuck to her leg one of her etana were gone and she has double walking and moving around in general. Can this queen still raise a colony and would brood boosting her (like 5 pupea) help her out

#2 Offline AntPhycho - Posted July 2 2019 - 1:09 PM

AntPhycho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

I couldn't find my last test tube. Later I was walking down a sidewalk and remembered it's in my bag do I check and I have it I look down and see a tetramorium queen (first catch of this year) moving in circles. This queen has something (I presume it's a worker that attacked it) Stuck to her leg one of her etana were gone and she has double walking and moving around in general. Can this queen still raise a colony and would brood boosting her (like 5 pupea) help her out

Usually, if a leg is injured or missing she will most likely die. Just yesterday I found a S. xyloni queen with a segment of her leg missing, I found her dead the next day. 

Founding (for myself):                                                                                       My Shop

Solenopsis invicta experiments...                                                                     California

Ants & Formicaria

#3 Offline Canadian anter - Posted July 2 2019 - 8:54 PM

Canadian anter

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts
  • LocationToronto,Canada

Unless she was stung several times she should be fine. I've raised many colonies with damaged queens
Visit us at www.canada-ant-colony.com !

#4 Offline TennesseeAnts - Posted July 3 2019 - 6:25 AM

TennesseeAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,920 posts
  • LocationNashville, Tennessee

Unless she was stung several times she should be fine. I've raised many colonies with damaged queens

Me as well.

#5 Offline AntsDakota - Posted July 3 2019 - 7:47 AM

AntsDakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, South Dakota

Yet if a queen loses an antennae, she will most likely live.

"God made..... all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. (including ants) And God saw that it was good. Genesis 1:25 NIV version

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users