• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Hello From Washington!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Offline PacificNorthWestern - Posted June 18 2019 - 9:44 AM

PacificNorthWestern

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationVancouver, Washington

Hello guys! I've been keeping ants for a little over a year now and have found it very exciting and a good hobby to keep me out of trouble.

#2 Offline TennesseeAnts - Posted June 18 2019 - 11:26 AM

TennesseeAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,920 posts
  • LocationNashville, Tennessee
Hello! May I ask, where are you located? I moved from the Everett area last year in June. I will be moving back sometime later this year. Some ants I own from that area are: Camponotus noveaboracensis, Camponotus modoc, Formica pacifica, (huge colony with 3,000 workers and tons of alates. Queen caught from flight in July of 2016.) Myrmica incompleta, Tetramorium immagrans and Formica cf. pallidefullva. All are being kept by a friend in Seattle until I get back.

Welcome to the forum, and hope you enjoy it here!

Edited by Ant_Dude2908, June 18 2019 - 3:40 PM.

• PacificNorthWestern likes this

#3 Offline PacificNorthWestern - Posted June 18 2019 - 1:40 PM

PacificNorthWestern

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Hello! May I ask, where are you located? I moved from the Everett area last year in June. I will be moving back sometime later this year. Some ants I own from that area are: Camponotus noveaboracensis, Camponotus modoc, Formica pacifica, (huge colony with 3,000 workers and tons of alates. Queen caught from flight in July of 2016.) Myrmica incompleta, Tetramorium immagrans and Formica cf. pallidefullva. All are being kept by a dark friend in Seattle until I get back.

Welcome to the forum, and hope you enjoy it here!

Thank you! I live in a Ridgefield which is close to Vancouver. Glad to hear you're coming back! 

• TennesseeAnts likes this

#4 Offline BADANT - Posted June 25 2019 - 12:56 PM

BADANT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationBurleson, TX

Hello and Welcome, those are great reasons. I have found that it makes me want to get out and walk around in new areas....Enjoy

• PacificNorthWestern likes this

#5 Offline PacificNorthWestern - Posted June 25 2019 - 1:54 PM

PacificNorthWestern

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

thank you, I have found the same, in a little bit we have tetramorium flying, so keep an eye out for those! I've seen a lot of alates under rocks and in nests.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users