1. Location (on a map) of collection:Dropped pin
Near Linn County, OR
Location isn't exact but is close.
2. Date of collection: June 11th
3. Habitat of collection: next to river in a forest, pine trees.
4. Length (from head to gaster): haven't measured but she's about half an inch.
5. Color, hue, pattern and texture: looks to just be all black really checked to find any red and don't think she has any red. I did make it quick though as don't want to disturb her alot.
6. Distinguishing characteristics:
7. Distinguishing behavior: gets frantic when I got closer to light when trying to look at her.
8. Nest description:
9. Nuptial flight time and date: found her June 11th she was in the process of taking off her wings. There were alot of other queens around.
[Images of ant]
This is my first time posting pictures on here so hopefully this works! I know the close up is a little blurry. She was getting frantic with the light and I didn't want to stress her out too much. I can get a better pic of needed!
My guess is camponotus pennsylvanicus but what do I know?
Again just let me know if a better pic is needed
Edited by Kahldris, June 15 2019 - 9:44 PM.