1. Location (on a map) of collection: Atlanta Georgia suburbs... Found under a recycling bin outside. Very dark/moist.
2. Date of collection: June 11th 2019
3. Habitat of collection:
4. Length (from head to gaster): 9mm? but has really long legs.
5. Color, hue, pattern and texture: Black, lanky but not large.
6. Distinguishing characteristics: Really fast, with long legs like a water bug. Skinny too.
7. Distinguishing behavior: Super fast, not great climber, large spread apart legs.
8. Nest description: None that I could find.
9. Nuptial flight time and date: June 11th 2019
I found this ant, and at first glance I thought it was a male elate. I've never seen it before and it reminds me of an ant qeen I found when I looked up ant species I didn't know that lived in georgia. Please ID the ant if you can (or need better pictures, I can try) see if its a Male or a Queen. The biggest determinate would be if it shed its wings I guess.