• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

NEW: Liquid Feeder Instruction Booklet Update 2019 - ❓ byFormica Ant Products: General Questions

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#61 Offline YsTheAnt - Posted November 30 2017 - 7:12 PM

YsTheAnt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA
Is it normal for there to only be one product on the US ant page? I wanted to purchase a large dirt box sometimes in the future.

Instagram          Journal           Shop

#62 Offline drtrmiller - Posted November 30 2017 - 9:16 PM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

Is it normal for there to only be one product on the US ant page? I wanted to purchase a large dirt box sometimes in the future.

See: http://www.formicult...t-availability/

byFormica® is the manufacturer of the iconic nectar feeders and Sunburst Ant Nectar.
byFormica ant products always deliver consistent performance, convenience,
and reliability, making them among the most beloved ant foods and kit enjoyed by
ant keeping enthusiasts worldwide. For more information, visit www.byFormica.com.

#63 Offline drtrmiller - Posted May 7 2019 - 2:53 PM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

Sometimes it feels like the liquid [in the byFormica liquid feeder] is stuck. Is that all in my head? I have one with sugar water for the honeypots. They don't seem to be drinking from it and I didn't close it all the way.  What is the ideal way to use the liquid feeder caps?

The glass vial should be screwed onto the plastic base until the rim of the vial is touching the plastic and it cannot be turned any more.  However, do not overtighten, as this could break the plastic.

Once the ants explore inside the feeding ports, they will discover the small gap where the liquid wets the plastic by probing with their antennae, and they will drink if they are hungry/thirsty.  Small colonies do not drink very much.  Even a couple hundred workers can only consume a couple drops of sugar solution per day.

Replace with fresh sugar solution every few days.  The more sugar solution you fill into the glass vial, the less frequently you need to replace it with fresh liquid.

Edited by drtrmiller, May 7 2019 - 2:54 PM.

byFormica® is the manufacturer of the iconic nectar feeders and Sunburst Ant Nectar.
and reliability, making them among the most beloved ant foods and kit enjoyed by
ant keeping enthusiasts worldwide. For more information, visit www.byFormica.com.

#64 Offline drtrmiller - Posted May 21 2019 - 1:50 AM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

NEW:

It has been a year since I updated the instruction booklet for byFormica liquid feeders. 

Everyone please review the latest updates and let me know if anything is unclear or could be changed.

byFormica Feeder 2019 Booklet (pdf)

Edited by drtrmiller, May 21 2019 - 1:56 AM.

#65 Offline Serafine - Posted May 21 2019 - 3:19 AM

Serafine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,782 posts
  • LocationGermany

Looks good, I cannot see any important information missing (y)

We should respect all forms of consciousness. The body is just a vessel, a mere hull.

Welcome to Lazy Tube - My Camponotus Journal

#66 Offline drtrmiller - Posted May 31 2019 - 12:24 PM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

It's getting 🔥 outside! Keep your ants hydrated this ☀️ summer with a 4-pack of byFormica Mini liquid feeders! 🤩

🛍️ SHOP: http://www.byformica.com

🐜 VIDEO - https://youtu.be/LAXHynqY_6I

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users