• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

NEW: Liquid Feeder Instruction Booklet Update 2019 - ❓ byFormica Ant Products: General Questions

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#41 Offline Runner12 - Posted May 15 2016 - 12:44 PM

Runner12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
It's not that I don't like sunburst, I use it regularly with my carpenters but they also loved formula blue and while my harvesters will take blue, they've never shown any interest in sunburst, and my carpenters aren't as enthusiastic about insects as they were the blue :/

Edited by Runner12, May 15 2016 - 12:45 PM.

#42 Offline XZero38 - Posted July 7 2016 - 9:09 AM

XZero38

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationHenderson, CO

What products are you looking to bring back, as all that's really on your amazon is the ant nectar (which i have more then enough of) and the liquid feeders (which i also have more then enough of).

#43 Offline drtrmiller - Posted July 7 2016 - 9:21 AM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

I'd like to bring back Blue 100 and rename it "Pogonomyrmex Blue," since I've always heard good things about it and harvester ants.  I'd either like to package the dry powder in "stick packs," which is an industrial packaging process, or package a shelf-stable gel in small blister packs with a number of cubes per pack.

Unfortunately, I will need outside investment to complete either process, since I can't bear the risk of the full cost of an industrial-scale run, considering my cash on hand.

New products I'd like to introduce are the Bug Boxes and Stakes, Dew Drops, and other small accessories and perhaps even a small formicarium I haven't disclosed yet.

Edited by drtrmiller, July 7 2016 - 9:22 AM.

byFormica® is the manufacturer of the iconic nectar feeders and Sunburst Ant Nectar.
byFormica ant products always deliver consistent performance, convenience,
and reliability, making them among the most beloved ant foods and kit enjoyed by
ant keeping enthusiasts worldwide. For more information, visit www.byFormica.com.

#44 Offline XZero38 - Posted July 7 2016 - 12:06 PM

XZero38

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationHenderson, CO

I would like to try and get some of the blue 100 when it becomes available again.

#45 Offline Mdrogun - Posted July 7 2016 - 1:07 PM

Mdrogun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • LocationGainesville, FL

My gripe with Sunburst is that it seems to watered down. If I feed my carpenter colony sunburst the next day they need more carbohydrates and their gasters aren't swollen at all. However, If I feed my colony pure honey their gasters stay swollen for days at the very least. Could you sell a more refined version of sunburst?

Edited by Mdrogun, July 7 2016 - 1:08 PM.

Currently Keeping:
Trachymyrmex septentrionalis

Pheidole pilifera

Forelius sp. (Monogynous, bicolored) "Midwestern Forelius"
Crematogaster cerasi

Pheidole bicarinata

Aphaenogaster rudis

Camponotus chromaiodes

Formica sp. (microgena species)

Nylanderia cf. arenivega

#46 Offline drtrmiller - Posted July 7 2016 - 1:32 PM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

My gripe with Sunburst is that it seems to [sic] watered down. Could you sell a more refined version of sunburst?

Sunburst is over 50% sugar, by weight, with a density at about 1.17 g/cc, whereas honey is about 85% sugar, and has a density around 1.42 g/cc.

Sunburst provides carbohydrates, water, salts and trace minerals in a formula designed for maximum receptivity.  Altering the proportion of ingredients would absolutely negatively affect receptivity, leading to unpredictable feeding responses.  Further, users who feed a concentrated sugar solution like honey to their ants, without a supplemental water source, run a greater risk of the ants suffering from dehydration.

Sunburst provides users the optimal solution of ingredients to ensure a predictable and repeatable feeding response in ants from day to day.  It is recommended to feed as much as your ants can consume within a few hours (after which, the liquid should be removed), every 2-3 days, for best results.

Edited by drtrmiller, July 7 2016 - 1:38 PM.

byFormica® is the manufacturer of the iconic nectar feeders and Sunburst Ant Nectar.
and reliability, making them among the most beloved ant foods and kit enjoyed by
ant keeping enthusiasts worldwide. For more information, visit www.byFormica.com.

#47 Offline BrittonLS - Posted July 7 2016 - 2:21 PM

BrittonLS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationFt. Worth, Texas

I saw the Dew Drop concept on Gamergate, I'm really looking forward to that if only because it sounds really cool!

#48 Offline agold2009 - Posted July 25 2016 - 7:35 PM

agold2009

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Hi where are your products I just see food on your Amazon store

#49 Offline drtrmiller - Posted August 2 2016 - 5:06 PM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

August, 2016 Update:

Current byFormica antkeeping accessories, which include the June 2016 version of Galileo liquid feeders, Sunburst Ant Nectar, and the July 2016 version of Fluon escape prevention markers, are available again with Amazon Prime shipping to all US and EU customers.

EU customers, please purchase from the Amazon.co.uk site for now.  Updated product pages will be translated to German, French, Spanish, and Italian, with products available from the respective local Amazon stores, in the coming days.

See links in the signature below, and enjoy fast shipping from Amazon fulfillment centers worldwide.

To be announced later:

• Local shipping for Canadian customers
  • New formicarium series
  • New accessories
  • More

#50 Offline Saftron - Posted August 2 2016 - 5:37 PM

Saftron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationFremont, California

When you release Blue 100, please let me know at antoniorekt77@yahoo.com because I ran out of my free sample and my ants seemed to do great with it. Whenever I put it in with like an apple or a mealworm they immediatly go after the Blue 100 cube. Thanks!

#51 Offline drtrmiller - Posted August 18 2016 - 4:32 PM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

drtrmiller, I noticed that your website isn't linked to your domain, and it directs to amazon. Did you discontinue selling grotubes, formicariums, etc? All that's listed on your amazon is ant food.

The GroTube has been discontinued for a few months, as I am working on other projects, including, but not limited to inventory increase, product localization in 5 languages with local fulfillment to 1.3 billion customers across 30 countries, a new website, new YouTube channel, and additional accessory items.

#52 Offline Goldsystem - Posted August 18 2016 - 5:54 PM

Goldsystem

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • LocationWichita Kansas
1.3 billion!

#53 Offline drtrmiller - Posted September 3 2016 - 4:55 AM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

I just wanted to announce that byFormica antkeeping accessories are now available through the respective Amazon sites serving France, Spain, and Italy.  I'm still hoping to serve Canada and Mexico locally, as well as provide Dutch translation for Amazon.de in the near future.

As a reminder, all Amazon EU sites serve all EU/UK customers, so feel free to shop on whichever site works best for you.

For now, all product labels and instructions are in English only.  Only the web product pages are being translated at this time.  Visit the byFormica shop closest to your country by clicking any of the links in my signature, below.

New byFormica accessories, including a new formicarium, will be coming very soon, so stay tuned.

#54 Offline Goldsystem - Posted September 28 2016 - 9:21 AM

Goldsystem

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • LocationWichita Kansas
Can't wait for the new formicarium

#55 Offline drtrmiller - Posted November 14 2016 - 9:56 AM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

byFormica Sunburst Ant Nectar, a shelf-stable, high-receptivity sucrose solution, now available in 64 oz, lab-approved jugs with industrial dispenser pumps & more. Available on Amazon with free shipping.

Free samples & education pricing available for university labs and students:

Contact us at edu@byformica.com from your .edu email address for more information.

#56 Offline drtrmiller - Posted December 15 2016 - 12:24 AM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

Sunburst Ant Nectar is getting a new look. The change comes in response to user feedback that the old labels smudged when wet.  Products with the new label design are GHS certified, waterproof, and resistant to chemicals, abrasion, UV, and tearing.

Here is a before and after photo:

Edited by drtrmiller, December 15 2016 - 12:31 AM.

#57 Offline Serafine - Posted December 15 2016 - 6:00 AM

Serafine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,782 posts
  • LocationGermany

When will the EU depot be restocked?

We should respect all forms of consciousness. The body is just a vessel, a mere hull.

Welcome to Lazy Tube - My Camponotus Journal

#58 Offline T.C. - Posted December 15 2016 - 6:53 AM

T.C.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Oooh, the new bottle is even fancier. :D Looks good.

“If I am killed for simply living, let death be kinder than man.” -Althea Davis

#59 Offline drtrmiller - Posted December 24 2016 - 1:19 AM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts
NA

Edited by drtrmiller, March 11 2017 - 3:09 PM.

• noebl1 likes this

#60 Offline drtrmiller - Posted March 11 2017 - 3:08 PM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts
<p><iframe frameborder="0" height="1200" src="https://gleam.io/DsQ...-for-your-ants" width="850"></iframe></p>

Edited by drtrmiller, March 11 2017 - 10:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users