• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Tennessee Trade or sell

tn tennessee

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Offline xTNxANTMANx - Posted June 2 2019 - 5:54 AM

xTNxANTMANx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationWest TN
Hey everyone, figured I would start this as the easy way to find our state for trading and selling.
There are two species that I'm trying to find myself but I work so much I can never get out at the right time during a nuptial flight. I have a few species that I could trade but what I'm looking for are Camponotus castaneus and/or Solenopsis richteri or S. invicta. I have a couple species of Formica I could trade as well as Camponotus pennsylvanicus. I also have a decent-sized tetramorium colony that I am looking to either sell or trade possibly. I'm having to move so I do need to downsize my collection which also brings me to say I also collect tarantulas. I have over 100 so if by chance you are interested in tarantulas as well let me know as I am selling some of those also LOL
  • TennesseeAnts likes this
Keeping:
Camponotus subbarbatus
Camponotus pennsylvanicusx3 (founding)
Dorymyrmex bureni
Formica pallidefulva x3
Formica subsericea x4
Tetramorium immigrans

Have kept many other ant species but now keep over 100 tarantulas and other inverts! Mantids, centipedes, and scorpions to name a few 😁

#2 Offline TennesseeAnts - Posted June 2 2019 - 7:24 AM

TennesseeAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,920 posts
  • LocationNashville, Tennessee
Would you be interested in captive bred Aphaenogaster rudis?

#3 Offline xTNxANTMANx - Posted June 2 2019 - 12:29 PM

xTNxANTMANx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationWest TN
Na. I'm not big into Aphneogaster.
  • ANTdrew likes this
Keeping:
Camponotus subbarbatus
Camponotus pennsylvanicusx3 (founding)
Dorymyrmex bureni
Formica pallidefulva x3
Formica subsericea x4
Tetramorium immigrans

Have kept many other ant species but now keep over 100 tarantulas and other inverts! Mantids, centipedes, and scorpions to name a few 😁

#4 Offline TennesseeAnts - Posted June 2 2019 - 2:48 PM

TennesseeAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,920 posts
Guess what I just got! A Camponotus castaneus queen! She looks dead though. Found her in a pool.

#5 Offline TennesseeAnts - Posted June 3 2019 - 6:21 AM

TennesseeAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,920 posts
I will trade you a Stigmatomma pallipes colony with 2 workers and a queen for 5 single Colobopsis impressa queens. They must have taken their wings off though. Could you do that?

#6 Offline kingz2015 - Posted June 5 2019 - 5:06 AM

kingz2015

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationFlorida
A queen with no wings is no guarantee of being fertilized. I had a colobopsis impressa colony where the queen never released her wings. And I had a camponotus nearcticus queen that ripped off her wings and never laid a single egg for nearly a year and then one day, I found her dead.

#7 Offline TennesseeAnts - Posted June 5 2019 - 5:58 AM

TennesseeAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,920 posts

A queen with no wings is no guarantee of being fertilized. I had a colobopsis impressa colony where the queen never released her wings. And I had a camponotus nearcticus queen that ripped off her wings and never laid a single egg for nearly a year and then one day, I found her dead.

I know, but I hate it when queens keep their wings because the wings get stuck to the walls of the test tube, especially if there is condensation.

#8 Offline kingz2015 - Posted June 5 2019 - 9:30 AM

kingz2015

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationFlorida
Fair enough. I understand your concern

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tn, tennessee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users