• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Ferox's Colobopsis mississippiensis Journal! (Updated June 4th, 2019)

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Offline Ferox_Formicae - Posted June 4 2019 - 6:49 PM

Ferox_Formicae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts
  • LocationProsperity, South Carolina

Came down from that same Ash Tree with three colonies, all of which at first I though were Colobopsis mississippiensis. The first was Colobopsis obliqua, the second was a 1 year old colony of Colobopsis mississippiensis with lots of brood and a major pupa, which will be their first, and a satellite nest of Brachymyrmex patagonicus. I'm pretty excited about the C. mississippiensis. I'll be releasing the C. obliqua though, as it's just a satellite nest.

Currently Keeping:

Camponotus chromaiodes, Camponotus nearcticus, Stigmatomma pallipesStrumigenys brevisetosaStrumigenys clypeataStrumigenys louisianaeStrumigenys membraniferaStrumigenys reflexaStrumigenys rostrata

All Strumigenys Journal

Shop

YouTube

Twitter

#22 Offline Samuelp.1 - Posted June 12 2019 - 3:59 PM

Samuelp.1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Please post some pics, i wanna see this cool species!!!

• FSTP and TennesseeAnts like this

Species i'm Keeping:

Camponotus Floridanus, Camponotus Tortuganus, Brachymyrmex Obscurior, Unidentified species, Tetramorium Bicarinatum, Cyphomyrmex Rimosus,

Dorymyrmex Bureni, Hypoponera Sp, Pheidole navigans, Pheidole megacephala, Solenopsis Invicta, Cardiocondyla Venustula, Cardiocondyla Sp,

Cardiocondyla minutior.

Unidentified species of Termites.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users