• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Misting or other humidifier for Carebara Diversa

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Offline yfaykya - Posted May 24 2019 - 3:32 AM

yfaykya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

I am looking at getting a CB colony but I want to be as prepped as possible. I am thinking a Ytong nest resting against an aquarium that has maybe 1CM of substrate. I will place a heat mat under half this and try to regulate using an arduino to keep it at ~30C (it very rarely gets over that here). To control humidity I was thinking of hooking up a misting system or similar. Has anyone any experience with this or any other ideas on how to achieve this? Thanks!

#2 Offline Leo - Posted May 24 2019 - 3:47 AM

Leo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Oh I just pour water straight into the plaster

#3 Offline Leo - Posted May 24 2019 - 3:49 AM

Leo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Also these are sensitive as hell. I am keeping them (they are native here) and they are still finicky. On the bright side they eat anything and everything.

Edited by Leo, May 24 2019 - 3:51 AM.

#4 Offline yfaykya - Posted May 24 2019 - 5:02 AM

yfaykya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

What do you house them in? What is your ambient temp and humidity? Thanks!

#5 Offline Leo - Posted May 24 2019 - 5:32 PM

Leo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Tubs and tubes, 80% humidity and room temp. I don't heat them, Its up to nature to decide the temperature.

• yfaykya likes this

#6 Offline yfaykya - Posted May 25 2019 - 2:51 AM

yfaykya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
Any pics? Interested to know substrate etc. I will have to heat as room temp is about 20c here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users