As the title mentioned, I'm from South Carolina, in Columbia, and I'm gonna be selling ants. I currently have several colonies, and I'd be willing to either sell or trade for certain ones. All of the colonies up for sale are listed below. Colonies I could possibly trade for (depending on the species) are listed in my signature. PM me if you are interested in any of them, and I will let you know when they go up for sale or for trade. If there are any particular species you are looking for, PM me and I will see what I can do. I have seen many, many species here in South Carolina, and I may be able to obtain a particular species for you. Ants can either be shipped out of picked up personally. When you buy ants from here, I would appreciate it if you would leave a review down below, as it helps people know what they are getting themselves into and it helps me know what I can improve on. If you would prefer, ants in the for sale can be traded for, but they must be picked up personally, unless you have experience with shipping live arthropods or other small animals.
Each ant colony bought comes with a free care sheet for each species.
- In order to purchase any of these ants, YOU MUST BE FROM THE STATE OF SOUTH CAROLINA!!!
- Ants can either be shipped or obtained personally, whichever is more convenient for you
- Traded ants must be picked up personally, unless you have experience with shipping live arthropods
Ants For Sale:
- Aphaenogaster carolinensis; 1 queen; monogynous species; nearly 30 workers; large brood pile of mostly pupa and small larva; formicarium optional; PM me for more information on the formicarium ($50 for colony; $90 with formicarium)
- Aphaenogaster miamiana; 1 queen; monogynous species; >45 workers; brood outnumber workers and are mostly pupa; similar to A. carolinensis but larger and darker in color; formicarium optional; PM me for more information on the formicarium ($55 for colony; $110 with formicarium)
- Brachymyrmex patagonicus; 7 queens; lots of eggs; polygynous species; tiny queens with workers 1/3 of their size ($3.50 per queen)
- Brachyponera chinensis; 8 queens; termite specialists ($8 per queen)
- Camponotus nearcticus; 5 queens; queens separated into groups of 2; 1 single; oldest group contains about 20 eggs and a few larva; other group has about 10 eggs; single queen egg-less; 1 queen with 5 workers; pleometrotic species, sometimes polygynous; one queen still has wings and was flying; may not be fertile; pitch black color form ($12 per queen; queen comes with a batch of eggs varying in size; $30 for small colony)
- Camponotus snellingi; 2 queens with a pile of around 5 eggs; polygynous (to some degree) species; striking coloration on these queens and highly variable between populations ($15 high yellow queen; $18 high black queen)
- Colobopsis impressa; 1 queen; winged; polygynous species; gorgeous queen with many pale stripes on the gaster surface and a pale underside; truncated surface of face also truncated ($17)
- Colobopsis obliqua; 5 queens; all winged; smallest South Carolinian Colobopsis; colors similar to C. impressa but with fewer pale stripes on gaster surface, restricted to the base ($15 per queen)
- Crematogaster ashmeadi; 1 queen; polygynous species; presence of eggs unknown; queen with high amounts of red ($10)
- Lasius americanus; 1 queen; monogynous species; no eggs yet; tiny queen ($5.30)
- Pseudomyrmex ejectus; 1 queen; >45 workers; 1 alate male; lots of alate brood ($50)
- Solenopsis invicta; 10 queens with a huge brood pile of around 200 or so brood items; pupa eclosing within a few days; polygynous/pleometrotic species; queens are variable in coloration ($6 normal colored queen; $7 black queen; $8 high red queen; queen comes with batch of eggs varying in size)
- Temnothorax curvispinosus; 13 queens up for sale; presence of eggs uncertain; polygynous species; 4 of the 13 queens still have wings and 1 was trying to fly; may not be fertile; tiny but gorgeous queens with bright colors and beautiful black stripes on their gasters ($7 per queen)
Ants I'm Looking To Obtain (Willing To Trade For):
- Aphaenogaster tennesseensis
- Camponotus floridanus
- Camponotus socius
- Crematogaster laeviuscula
- Cyphomyrmex rimosus
- Discothyrea testacea
- Neivamyrmex spp.
- Pogonomyrmex badius
- Proceratium spp.
- Pseudomyrmex gracilis
- Stigmatomma pallipes
- Strumigenys spp.
- Temnothorax pergandei
- Tetramorium bicarinatum
- Tetramorium lanuginosum
*note* If you want any of my other colonies listed in my signature, you must trade for them, as those colonies are not for sale. PM me if you have a trade available, and I'll see what I can do.
Edited by CloudtheDinosaurKing, June 4 2019 - 5:09 AM.