• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Need help identifying ant species!

ant help identify species new york

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Offline FrankieC96 - Posted May 4 2019 - 7:09 PM

FrankieC96

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hey guys, this is my first ever post! (woohoo!)

I'm currently in college taking a Zoology course, and for our last lab final we have to go out in our school's nature preserve and identify species of different animals. During my excursion yesterday, I turned over a rock and came across what looks like a colony of ants with pupae. Although, I do have a sneaking suspicion these might actually be termites.

Any help is appreciated, 

Frank

Important note:

these were found in Upstate NY in Binghamton which borders Pennsylvania.

EDIT: Apparently it says I do not have permission to upload a photo. I will attempt to hopefully fix this issue soon

Edited by FrankieC96, May 4 2019 - 7:14 PM.

#2 Offline Acutus - Posted May 4 2019 - 7:24 PM

Acutus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 835 posts
  • LocationMaryland
Hey Frank there's a really good post on the forum about posting pics. Read that and try again

Billy

Currently keeping:

Camponotus chromaiodes

Camponotus castaneus

Formica subsericea

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ant, help, identify, species, new york

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users