Camponotus Flight Questions
Offline - Posted May 2 2019 - 6:49 PM
I am curious if anyone has had much luck with them flying under 80 degrees? We have had a few warm day after the rain (75ish) and I have been checking nests fairly frequently, but have hardly seen any activity at all. Most of them time I only see 2-3 workers at sites that had dozens crawling around them last year.
Even with lots of rain previously, it’s expected to die down but we are only expecting temps in the high 60’s and low 70’s for the next several weeks. Am I ok to just chill and wait for it to warm up more, or should I still bother to check them every other day or so?
There are really only 2 huge nests that I know of and a few other smaller ones so I assume I will have a very limited time and amount of queens that I will be able to catch and I don’t want to miss them.
We have both C. Pennsylvanicus and C. Novaeboracensis here.
- ConcordAntman likes this
Offline - Posted May 15 2019 - 8:59 AM
Offline - Posted May 15 2019 - 9:09 AM
Edited by CloudtheDinosaurKing, May 15 2019 - 9:10 AM.
- Aphaenogaster carolinensis; 1 queen, >35 workers
- Aphaenogaster lamellidens; 1 queen, 20 workers
- Aphaenogaster miamiana; 1 queen, >50 workers
- Brachymyrmex patagonicus; 7 queens
- Brachyponera chinensis; 8 queens
- Brachyponera chinensis; 1 queen, >15 workers
- Camponotus americanus; 1 queen
- Camponotus castaneus; 1 queen
- Camponotus nearcticus; 4 queens
- Camponotus nearcticus; 1 queen, >5 workers
- Camponotus nearcticus; 1 queen, 18 workers
- Camponotus snellingi; 2 queens
- Camponotus snellingi; 1 queen, 33 workers
- Colobopsis impressa; queenless for the time being, >45 workers
- Colobopsis mississippiensis; 1 queen
- Colobopsis mississippiensis; 1 queen, 2 workers
- Colobopsis mississippiensis; 1 queen, >25 workers
- Crematogaster ashmeadi; 1 queen
- Solenopsis invicta; 10 queens
- Strumigenys louisianae; 1 queen, 1 worker
- Temnothorax curvispinosus; 13 queens
- Trachymyrmex septentrionalis; 1 queen, >200 workers
YouTube; Ferox Formicae: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users