I found this contest on the Entomology Society of America website.
Seeing as there's a huge community of amateur entomologists (obviously!) on this website, I felt that it would be appropriate to post about it.
Here are the requirements for eligibility of a video:
All video entries will be judged by a panel of ESA members, who will choose a winner, a runner-up, and up to three honorable mentions. Finalists will be named in August, with winners announced at ESA's annual meeting, Entomology 2019, November 17-20, in St. Louis, Missouri. Each finalist entry will receive a "Stinger" award and a cash prize: $500 for first place, $250 for runner-up, and $50 for honorable mention.
Videos will be judged on the following criteria: creativity, entomological accuracy, sound quality, video quality, and editing.
YouTube Your Entomology Contest rules:
- Maximum length of video is three minutes (3:00). Longer videos will be disqualified.
- At least one producer of the video must be an ESA member.
- Entries must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information included:
- video title
- brief video description
- all producers' names
- link to view video on YouTube or to download raw video file
- Videos must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. U.S. eastern time, July 8, 2019.
All file formats that are compatible with YouTube will be accepted.
All videos will be displayed on the ESA YouTube Channel.
For questions regarding the YouTube Your Entomology Contest, please contact Joe Rominiecki, ESA manager of communications, at email@example.com.
Edited by Martialis, April 30 2019 - 8:24 AM.